2014-17 YZ450F Picture thread! Share yours!

Stopper assembly?

A lot of 250's had the shift stopper bearing outer race break and have the metal balls in their bottom end. The 14' 450's have the same part number as the 250. I have NOT heard of a 450's breaking but I wasn't going to find out. For the 2015 yamaha put the replacement I now have in mine with a bushing rather than a bearing.

A lot of 250's had the shift stopper bearing outer race break and have the metal balls in their bottom end. The 14' 450's have the same part number as the 250. I have NOT heard of a 450's breaking but I wasn't going to find out. For the 2015 yamaha put the replacement I now have in mine with a bushing rather than a bearing.

Thanks for the info! I only knew about the water pump on the 250s going out.

I have seen the water pump issue come many times. A lot of word was going around that our bikes might have the same impeller. I do not believe this ended up being the case but I have not removed mine to know 100%.

for the 14' 450's water impeller part number is different than the 250's but they do share the same part number for the stopper assembly. Edited by yzUSMCf
  • Like 1

Wow that's a fair few hours I've only got 9.8 on mine lol with the breather relocation thing is it done just how it looks like you just still a hole in either side of the airbox cover?? Use it annoying when refueling do you have to disconnect it from the fuel cap??

Something to do this weekend

18C5626B-834B-4C11-9E22-A1E97A3D5E2D_zps

I've been looking at these for a while now, I'll be curious to know if it eliminates the clutch drag. It would be awesome if these bikes could be started in gear! Please let us know after you get some time on it. Have fun! Edited by drtrcr400

I've been looking at these (clutches) for a while now, I'll be curious to know if it eliminates the clutch drag. It would be awesome if these bikes could be started in gear! Please let us know after you get some time on it. Have fun!

You understand that the TorqDrive Core is a manual clutch, correct?  If you were wondering if the Rekluse auto clutch would reduce clutch drag, it doesn't.  Brand new clutch plates do, though.  As far as the TorqDrive is concerned, the only thing really different about it and the stock clutch, aside from the billet parts, is the fact that it uses a 12 & 12 plate stack, instead of the stock 8 & 7.  Since clutch drag is caused by the plates dragging against one another, I'd be very surprised to find out that particular clutch had less of it.  But, who knows?