HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobbyward

Wr triple clamp questions.

10 posts in this topic

Anyone know if they run 22 or 25 mm offset on the new wrs like the yzs?

Stock offset is 25mm.

To go from a 25 to a 17...... Yikes.

That is a big change for sure. A couple people I've talked to seem to really like it but seems a bit much to me.

When I set up my YZ450 for supermoto I installed a set of 13mm triple clamps that I had custom machined and they made a huge difference in stability on the asphalt...so much so that if you landed a wheelie crossed up, the bars would litterally snap to the centered position and if you were not holding on tight would snap right out of your hands. The bikie was very stable and planted on the front end though which is what I was after.

Yeah, on the street is one thing. Prolly just take a bit to adjust your riding style and body position for offroad.

The answer is yes for the 12-13 wr 450f.  They use 22 mm offset clamps. Although, they are 2 mm narrower than the yz 450 (10-13) and 250f (12-13).   Motocross Action converted a 12 WR450f for motocross and they discussed the differences in triple clamps.  Every thing else, both YZ and WR, from these years back to the 90's used 25 mm offset.

The answer is yes for the 12-13 wr 450f.  They use 22 mm offset clamps. Although, they are 2 mm narrower than the yz 450 (10-13) and 250f (12-13).   Motocross Action converted a 12 WR450f for motocross and they discussed the differences in triple clamps.  Every thing else, both YZ and WR, from these years back to the 90's used 25 mm offset.

Yeah, I have a set of 22mm offset triples. I tried them for about 5 rides. Just couldn't get comfortable with them so I took them off. Currently collecting dust.

2012 WR450F triples are 25mm offset.

2012 WR450F triples are 25mm offset.

Oop's, sorry.  I hate to pass on misinformation.   I haven't measured them personnally, I was just repeating what was said in Moto Cross Action.  They converted a 12 WR450 for motocross and used 12 YZ250f triple clamps so they could mount the front number plate.  They said that they are the same offset, so I just figured that they were 22mm like the 12-13 250f. 

That is good to know though, I plan on buying a 12+ WR as soon as I sell my 08 YZ.