HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Oil Screen Wrench

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if someone makes a line wrench to fit the Oil Screen on our WR426's? I started to use a regular wrench and it started to round off the nut. Maybe Snap-on or Craftsman? Also, what exact size is this fitting? With the paint and it being rounded a little it's going to be hard to tell.

Thanx, :)

Dennis

Sears.com, search for "flare nut wrench metric".

www.sears.com

pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

[This message has been edited by YZ400Court (edited 04-28-2001).]

I checked-out the "flare nut wrench metric" out on sears.com, and it looks like it only goes up to 21mm. Isn't the screen nut 24mm?

I saw a post that said to get a 24mm deep socket and a breaker bar for the first removal. I need to do mine this weekend and need a solid-solution as well.

I used a socket...it worked fine.

------------------

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action , OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

I thought it was a 18mm. I hope so because thats the size I ordered from McMaster Carr.

Dennis :)

Ya , I got my mic. on it and it is a 24mm. Oh crap!!!!! :)

Thanks for the help anyway!

Dennis P.S. Does anyone need a 18mm Flare nut wrench!!!!! :D

Dens,

I use a 15/16" deep 6pt socket. 24mm = .945" and a 15/16 = .9375. The 15/16 actually fits better and I found that my local auto stores had it readilly in stock, not so with the 24mm.