HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mtrain730

Crossbar on handle bar or no crossbar.

5 posts in this topic

Goin too try a new set of bars on my 2012 yz is the pro taper evo a decent bar. I want too get the windam bend since it seems too be what I'm looking for and comes recomended by other tt members. Should I stick with no cross bar. Thanks in advance.

I believe the biggest difference between having the non-crossbar style vs crossbar is that they offer more flex.

Thanks. That does seem too be the main difference I hear people talking about do you think I'm correct too assume for a 32 year old novice mx racer and occasional week end trail rider that is a benifet. I have heard the cross bar makes them a little stronger in the event of a crash I am not worried about that because if or should I say when I crash that hard if all I have is a set of bent bars I will be a happy camper. Thanks again.

The only time I ever noticed the bar flex was years ago at an mx track (whoops/landings mostly) while riding a friends bike when mine had the Renthal 7/8" bars. After that I switched to the 1 1/4" Protapers and I can't say I really feel the flex anymore but that's just because I'm used to it. One thing is that IMO the 1 1/8" Protapers are very strong bars. I have bent a lot of bars over the years including the 7/8" Renthals, 1 1/4" Renthals, (snapped) an 1 1/8" TAG set but have yet to bend the Protapers. That's just been my experience, hope that's helps.

I currently run the pro taper twin wall with no cross bar and I ride mx exclusively and personally love the amount of flex. I used to run the 7/8" with cross bar and broke a few pairs of those over the years. I've had some pretty good crashes since switching to the pro tapers and have yet to bend them at all. I don't think you'll go wrong switching to n cross bar, just my 2 cents.