HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Menzies450

Bent Front Break Rotor

12 posts in this topic

hi guys I Bent my front rotor on my 2012 WR450 to the point it sticks bad on every half rotation.  just wondering whats the best way to approach this problem bend it back or just buy a new one.

if i do buy anew one what brand or just OEM ?

thanks

just get a new one  

trying to get that perfect again isn't practical

OEM even used is fine IMHO or  aftermarket isn't notorious  for bad rotors  so I would try that if I found a deal or a cool design

Edited by Zimman
1 person likes this

The Tusk Oversized Floating Typhoon Brake Rotor Kit for $ 119.00 is a great bargain.

........Oversize front disc for less than the price of a new one.

I put it on my '08 and it is a noticeable improvement.

I went oversized using 270mm Braking rotor and pads...$229 from Motorcycle Supersotre. Bought it for my 09 WR and transfered it over to the 12. Huge improvement in braking power and feel.

Highly recommend this upgrade.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/25337/i/braking-270mm-oversized-front-rotor-kit

Edited by JDLowrance

i have the supermoto rotor on my wr even when being used in the dirt.  it gives you a better feel for the front end, especially useful if you're running in the higher gears...

I went oversized using 270mm Braking rotor and pads...$229 from Motorcycle Supersotre. Bought it for my 09 WR and transfered it over to the 12. Huge improvement in braking power and feel.

Highly recommend this upgrade.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/25337/i/braking-270mm-oversized-front-rotor-kit

Yes, and this is a big step up in brake power, even over the Tusk set up...you get what you pay for.

This brings up a question. I went with a sintered brake pad on my 07 WR 450. I noticed lots better stopping power then the stock pad. Does the tusk combo provide that much more then a sintered pad?

This brings up a question. I went with a sintered brake pad on my 07 WR 450. I noticed lots better stopping power then the stock pad. Does the tusk combo provide that much more then a sintered pad?

A sintered pad is better for braking power, but worse for modulation and heat. 

So, you might experience better stopping in short bursts, but on a long down hill, an OS disc is a much better option.