HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atrdrvr7

front tire rec. for 12' yz450f

7 posts in this topic

Getting ready for some new meat front and rear.  Planning on staying with the mx51 on the rear.  Can anyone recommend a front tire for intermediate terrain(Houston clay sand mix).  The front mx51 always feels likes its going to wash when I push it hard in corners.  I was thinking about trying the Maxxis maxcross mx IT.  Can't find any reviews on that tire from actual users.  Any recs would be appreciated.  I ride only MX tracks also.

Try a Bridgestone 203. So far, it's been the best tire I've run in the mix of soils that make up the SoCal deserts. Not the best on true clay hard pack, but it handles everything else pretty well. I run the larger 90/100x21 size.

1 person likes this

i run a Bridgestone 403 front. friday i mounted a 90/100-21 and rode the bike on saturday. i like the way the bike handles now with the larger front tire (intermediate/hard pack red dirt)

Try a Bridgestone 203. So far, it's been the best tire I've run in the mix of soils that make up the SoCal deserts. Not the best on true clay hard pack, but it handles everything else pretty well. I run the larger 90/100x21 size.

+1 on the bridgestone 203's.  I run them here in AZ, and they work in a multitude of dirt.  I also run the MX51's on the rear.

I also run the MX51's on the rear.

Me too.  They perform very well, and I get excellent wear out of them.

I have more confidence in a pretty-worn out Bstone than a new most anything else. At least the last 4 years I have. Good stuff. Funny, you should read the little sticker on the Bstone. Tells rider to make sure edges are worn off before racing to get maximum performance. Local dealer had no clue about it when someone pointed it out.