HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lastsilverdollar

YZ426 FWW

13 posts in this topic

I'm trying to add a FWW to my 426, can anybody tell me which other years are compatible? Particularly the YZ450F 03-05? I cannot find them for the 426, but they seem to be plenty available for those years.

Thank you, sir. It sure is difficult to source those; does anybody have any hook ups? eBay, Steathy, and Zip all no luck so far.

I would love to hear somebody's before and after story. My biggest problem is stalling when going downhill on steep, rocky trails. I was just wondering if anybody had similar experiences with their beast that was fixed by adding the fww. And if so, please tell me somewhere to find one. I'm usually a pretty resourceful guy, but I'm at a loss

Bump. I'm seriously considering the KTM 300

I have a set of 3 flywheel weights for a yz426, brand new made by MSR. ...PM me if interested as I won't be using them now as I switched to a WR flywheel...

Edited by dfwhockey17

I would love to hear somebody's before and after story. My biggest problem is stalling when going downhill on steep, rocky trails. I was just wondering if anybody had similar experiences with their beast that was fixed by adding the fww. And if so, please tell me somewhere to find one. I'm usually a pretty resourceful guy, but I'm at a loss

Put a gytr 9 oz. On my 09 yz450f and it was a big improvement on stalling and traction. Made it a much more woodsworthy bike, particularly hills and log crossings. I definitely think it is worth it. Install was easy too. Might try diffrrent sprockets too, bigger on the back or smaller in the front.

I have a set of 3 flywheel weights for a yz426, brand new made by MSR. ...PM me if interested as I won't be using them now as I switched to a WR flywheel...

I'm having a hard time PMing, could you try me please.

Just ordered some "super light" gears (13/52), we'll see how this beast likes em!

Good move. You will like that alot better in the woods.

Hey lastsilverdollar, I still have this set of 3 fly wheel weights if you are interested. I know we spoke about them a while ago but I am getting ready to throw them up on ebay and wanted to give you a shot at them first. I am willing to make a better deal on them than we originally discussed as I would rather them go to another forum member....If you still have my cell number text me if interested, I will be posting these up in a week or so to give you time.

Cheers,

Trent