WR450F Dual Sport or KTM 500 EXC? Which one should I get?

I wish I could like them

The bizarre handling traits at really high speeds and steep downhills was a deal breaker for me

The 500 is a good bike, probably the better choice for dual sport with the 6th gear and aftermarket support. I rode my friends 13', felt very similar in size and ergo compared to my Wr. Only difference I noticed was in the suspension, I can ride more aggressive with the Wr, it just stays planted. The KTM felt fine up to a certain point then just seemed to get a little to busy the more I pushed it.

Great choice. The new EXC are selling like hot cakes in my neck of the woods. I find them to be a great off-road bike and a decent pavement cruiser. Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of extended ds riding but the EXC and plated 450s make it more tolerable. The KTM has fantastic stock suspension and the motor hits like a MX bike with a slight change of gearing if that's what someone is after. I presume most are NOT but still want to feel like a Dungey/Roczen once off the pavement. Bonus is easy snow bike conversion, too.

Great choice. The new EXC are selling like hot cakes in my neck of the woods. I find them to be a great off-road bike and a decent pavement cruiser. Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of extended ds riding but the EXC and plated 450s make it more tolerable. The KTM has fantastic stock suspension and the motor hits like a MX bike with a slight change of gearing if that's what someone is after. I presume most are NOT but still want to feel like a Dungey/Roczen once off the pavement. Bonus is easy snow bike conversion, too.

What ???

Yeah maybe a 1975 MX bike.....