HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bryan Bosch

KTM Lets Loose 1290 Super Duke R

4 posts in this topic

The recently presented all – new 1290 SUPER DUKE R is not only the most potent two – cylinder naked bike ever, it represents everything KTM stands for in riding enjoyment at the highest level.

After the successful launch of the 1190 ADVENTURE and 1190 ADVENTURER and the presentation of the 390 DUKE during the course of the year, KTM has decided to continue the street season with innovation number three and what is probably the highlight of the year. The production version of the 1290 SUPER DUKE R, which will be commercially available in December 2013, has been redeveloped from the ground up and concludes the incredible KTM asphalt model range of sports inspired naked bikes.

1290_s7_ktm_sdr_studioshot_1290_pp_super

With its 180hp performance and 144 Nm of torque, the typical weight -saving KTM construction of the 1290 SUPER DUKE R has more power than ever before, although the breathtaking data that is associated with KTM’s latest naked machine is not to be feared. With the best chassis components available (WP Suspension, Brembo Monobloc), accompanied with state – of – the – art electronic assistance systems (Bosch ABS, MTC, Keihin Ride – by – Wire), the use of KTM’s superb power has never been as usable as on the new 1290 SUPER DUKE R.

1290_s7_ktm_sdr_studioshot_1290_pp_super

The impressive range of the unmistakably KISKA – designed naked bikes almost demand to be ridden on every imaginable asphalt option. KTM’s naked range is suitable for enjoyable riding in the city, on sweeping country roads, the Alpine pass, motor way riding, long distance, as well as on the racetrack. With its powerful engine, balanced chassis and easygoing ergonomics, the radical ‘Beast’ is a super – fun, durable bike that’s always ready for action.

Not only that, with the specially developed PowerParts, the 1290 SUPER DUKE R can be easily adapted to suit individual requirements.

The quality ‘Racing’, ‘Style’ and ‘Touring’ kits available make the chase on the racetrack, can refine the SUPER DUKE’s look for a racier appearance at the bike club or add comfort for the weekend tour.

ktm-1290-super-duke-r-engine.jpg

After three years of intense development in Mattighofen, including thousands and thousands of test kilometers, many of them with ex – MotoGP racer and test icon Jeremy McWilliams, the time has come; KTM wishes riders a lot of fun with the 1290 SUPER DUKE R!

1 person likes this

Rear tire lasts about 3000-3500 miles of street use. Going to put 10mm spacers on shift and brake lever to get some added width to grab. Other than that it's been a great bike. Wish it had bmw's electronics but I wouldn't get a S1000R over the KTM purely for personal subjective reasons.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By ChristianMX
      I've been in the hospital for two months. During those two months I was bed bound so I didn't move so I got really weak. After that they made me go to physical therapy for 2 and a half weeks. I was discharged two days ago.  I'm a 21 year old male. I was burned 57 percent of my body with 3rd and 2nd degree burns on both my legs, my back, butt, and right arm. Mainly the back of the areas are burned but the front isn't as bad as the back. Anyways, I had to learn how to walk again and as I see my progress, I can't help but wonder will I ever be able to ride again? My strength is coming back slowly but I still feel stiff and very weak. Has anyone else on this board gone through this? I would hate to give up on riding due to this. No smart ass comments please and no rude answers. Thank you! 
    • By charl_o
      Hi there ! 
      I'm currently looking for a used 125cc 2 strokes between 2000 and 2007.
      ME: I'm form Québec/Canada,  I'm a 5.4 foot tall, i weight 130, i mostly ride trails(on dirt, sand, rocks) but i really like to jump, climb on some small rocks(a bit like trial) , and i do ride enduro style too. 
      I CURRENTLY RIDE: an XR200a 1984 (with absorber) i really like that bike, it's undestructible and i can ride for ages with one tank. The downsides are the suspensions and the speed limit.
      I WANT: a light, 2stroke, 125cc, which i can use all around. I want to pay max 3000$cad. 
      I did some research and found that the YZ 125 is a pretty notorious bike, and more notorious are the 2006+ because of the suspension, motor, weight, improvements. That being said, i'm not close for any other brand. The one thing i'm concerned with is the gas consumption. I can do 2, 3 rides with my XR(4stroke, of course) before it got bone dry. I don't ask for the same results but i just don't want it to run out after 1 1/2hr -2hrs ride. I would really like a bike i can easily find parts.
      During my reseach i fell on a steel vs ali frame thread, i'm also concerned about it. Being a Vintage dirtbike rider ATM i can say i love the way it feel. I tried my friend 2017 TE300 and it was great but it felt like the bike was SOOOOOO DAMN STIFF !! OMG, myself being small and light, i wasn't comfortable AT ALL on it. I don't think i could see a difference between a steel and an ali frame and i wonder if i could see a difference between 2002 Yz vs 2007 YZ's suspension too ??
      HOW MUCH should i pay for a STOCK bike between 2000 and 2007 ?? (i know there can be that bike which as been redone and all, but just overall stock )
      Anyway, i  probably forget to write some lil thing but overall this is it, i'm looking for a 125, 2t !!!
      Thanks you very much for your time ! have a nice day
    • By orismaug
      Hi all
      I have a ktm 300 exc 2017, didn’t make any mods, and run it about 20 hours.
      Last two rides I noticed a knocking sound coming from the engine, that stops on high revs.
      I have checked all the common causes (that I know of): loss parts and clutch,  both are OK.

I suspect that the problem is related to a jetting issue, maybe a lean mixture, or maybe it is related to detonation.
      Did someone encounter this issue? Any ideas?

Your help please.
    • By howar1rc
      2010 KTM 250sx with newly plated cylinder, new piston, stock head. I am at sea level and I am not trying to mess with different compression by using different gaskets.
      I'm doing a top end rebuild and the Pro-X gasket kit I ordered came with 3 gaskets of varying thicknesses. Which one(s) should I use? I measured with digital calipers.
      Thin Green: .03
      Black: .04
      Thick Green: .08
      Thanks for saving me yet again.

• By AUbraaap
      Hey guys,

While riding this weekend my bike started giving me a new noise I've never heard before. Any time that there is an initial onset of engine braking i.e. when I down shift, coast and let off the clutch, or let off the gas without using clutch, I get a sort of squeak from the engine. It doesn't last but is just a quick squeak. I honestly have no idea what it is because I have never heard it before. Maybe its time for clutch plates or a basket? I would really appreciate some input on this.
      If it is of any significance the bike is a 2008 KTM 250f.
      The best thing I can relate this sound to is a car with a squeaky suspension. Although its not my suspension, it's definitely something else.
      I can provide more info if anyone thinks it will help.
      Thanks, Mark.