HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freerida69a

'14 450 bike level, oil at top of sight glass?

4 posts in this topic

So basically I have a 2014 yz450, it came stock with the oil behind the sight glass barely visible with the little side stand that goes into the rear axle on the rear brake side not sprocket side keeping the bike up. But shouldnt it be just like my ktm where I would have to make my bike level and have the oil at the top of the sight glass? I got too much oil in it it seems......

What does the manual say?

The difference between the top of the glass and the bottom might be as much as 100cc, I would guess.

With the bike level the oil will be just over the sight glass. There is a line on the case that shows when its low.  It takes 24 ounces with new filter when your changing the oil.  There is a bolt you can remove that will allow any excess oil to leak out.  Its all in the manual.

With the bike level the oil will be just over the sight glass. There is a line on the case that shows when its low.  It takes 24 ounces with new filter when your changing the oil.  There is a bolt you can remove that will allow any excess oil to leak out.  Its all in the manual.

As above.

When Bike was new and now several oil changes later - oil always just above sight glass.

I hope you are removing the screen on the left side and cleaning it as well?