yz450f reliability?

Hey, im planning on buying a newer 450 soon, but im just curious about the reliability of the newer yamahas, im looking at between '06 and '09 models,  do any of those years have problems and if so what years do? and what are the problems....  I know the older yami's are as reliable as a rock, but the only problem is how heavy they are.....

In my opinion they are great bikes I have a 2007 that I bought from the original owner almost 2 years to the day. It did lose fifth gear while out riding one day about 6 months after I got it, but it's honestly hard to say how many hours were on it at that point. So I went through it replaced fourth and fifth gear (fourth was also showing signs of wear) replaced the crank, piston, timing chain, all the gaskets and an hour meter. I've put just over 70 hours on it and It has not given me a problem since but like anything else if you want it to last take care of it. If I were you I would definitely consider picking one up, around this time of year they can be picked of for decent prices.

In my opinion they are great bikes I have a 2007 that I bought from the original owner almost 2 years to the day. It did lose fifth gear while out riding one day about 6 months after I got it, but it's honestly hard to say how many hours were on it at that point. So I went through it replaced fourth and fifth gear (fourth was also showing signs of wear) replaced the crank, piston, timing chain, all the gaskets and an hour meter. I've put just over 70 hours on it and It has not given me a problem since but like anything else if you want it to last take care of it. If I were you I would definitely consider picking one up, around this time of year they can be picked of for decent prices.

Thanks man, yeah you can pick an '09 up for about $3500 in great condition arround here.

Not bad at all man good luck with it and remember just because someone is asking 3500 for one doesn't mean they won't take a few hundred less depending on your haggling skills.