Kool-Aid time!

All, i'd like to extend my thanks to you for the last year and a half of great advice (and lurking), but it is my time to shine now.  I've just brought home a shiny new 2014 KTM 450 xc-w and am in love!

Don't worry, I wont forget about you, I sold the girfriend the wr450, so it's still under my care ?  

By the way, if anyone is looking to get a new bike, dont ride a KTM.....you'll be taking it home if you do!

:ride:

haha, sounds like a personal problem!  Can't understeer worse than my wr450 with the wrong size back tire....LOL.

but the first test ride says that it's going to rock my socks on the trails.  Handles a little different, but I've got all of .8 or .9 hours on it...

heading out to glamis in a few weeks, so we'll see what she's made of...

Glamis is a test???

I guess no child left behind has reared its ugly head.

All kidding aside, congrats on the new ride. I'm still loyal to my 06WR450, just because I don't have the cash to drop on a new bike as often as I would like. Instead I drop cash on the rest of the family's bikes so we all ride. Someday my day will come, and I will make the decision to stick with Blue, or try something else.

Traitor, my left testicle!  she's still in the garage and I'm still responsible for her care...The girlfriend just rides her now....if the new WR's had 6 gears and a hydro clutch, I'd still be riding blue.

I suppose Glamis is a test for the bike but not for me.  She'll be just fine though.  Already have a tank sock in the filler and will be putting a Golan 10 micron inline filter when it gets here, so no FI issues for me, please.

I suppose Glamis is a test for the bike but not for me.  She'll be just fine though.  Already have a tank sock in the filler and will be putting a Golan 10 micron inline filter when it gets here, so no FI issues for me, please.

I think he means that the dunes is a horrible place to ride a new bike. Its much harder on the engine that most other types of riding and not great for break in period.

• 4 weeks later...

Not to resurrect an old topic...but...

Permanently injured my left hand last xmas...needed something with smooth light clutch action..and a little lighter would help too..

SO

Just finished my first season on my 2012 KTM 350 XCF-W......I hate to admit it..but  #$%^& awesome!!!

Clutch effort less than half of my old cabled 2004 WR...and 40 pounds lighter....fit the bill for me perfectly. (East coast woods rider and single track).

On the down side....having spent the last year on the KTM forum on TT, I have to say that this WR450 forum is IMHO, the absolute best!!  Interesting and comprehensive range of issues and, from my perspective the most thoughtful and knowledgeable group of contributors anywhere.  I personally was able to solve several problems over the years with the great advice I received from this forum.

Even now (as you can see) I can't stay away.

Many thanks

On the positive side...still have the old WR...my son wants to take it over...what could be better than that!!