HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hempking

buy a bike for a poor kid

3 posts in this topic

I just heard from my wife about a poor kid in one of her classes (she teaches 7th grade)who hasn't had any gifts under the tree in two years.

The teachers took up a collection for him and got him a couple pairs of jeans...

I went out and for only 200 bucks got the kid a BMX bike and helmet! !!

Nothing like a bike under the tree!

and it feels really good!!!!

Start a new tradition and get a kid you dont know a bike

It goes along way this time of year.

:)

That's totally cool. Everybody should give more of themselves!!! I hope you have an awsome Christmas and safe new year!!

God Bless

Sparky

Your wife is an educator? That's great! Here in NC, I work as a guidance counselor at an elementary school. We sponsored some 50+ needy children this year and also some residents at a nursing home to the tune of around $4,000. I myself contributed around $175. I bought two kids trick scooters + protective gear. It really is better to give than receive! Happy holidays to all!