HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikedabike

2010 yz450 suspension compatibility

3 posts in this topic

Here's the deal.  2010 YZ450 I need a second set of suspension.

Forks, can I run any fork from 2008 on?  I know that is when they changed the caliper spacing.  Any issues?  

Would a 06/07 fork work with that year caliper?

Shock, any 10-13 shock OK?

I don't care about valving or anything since they will be totally reworked.  Just need to know if everything will physically mount up without any issues.

Thanks

Mike

I think the answers to all your questions are yes, except for the one about the '06 - '07 fork.  To use that one, you would at least have to make up a new caliper bracket to bolt the smaller caliper to the older fork. 

Great, thank you.  I am setting it up for supermoto and use way different valving than for off road so I will just swap suspension.  The supermoto brake caliper is way more than I can get a set of forks off ebay so I hope to find my best deal on a caliper and then pick up the year forks on ebay that will work with the caliper..

Thanks