01 YZ426F exhaust

I have an 01 YZ426F and about to purchase an FMF Q4 off a 2010 YZ450F. Does anyone know if I'll have any issues with compatibility?

This is my first post so please feel free to slam me for being stupid.

Ughhh, i hope you know the 2010 exhaust is designed for the rearward slanted cylinder with the exhaust port on the back of the cylinder head, there is no way the '10 exhaust will bolt up to the 426

That about covers it thanks!

I don't know anything about newer bikes, but need to replace my exhaust. I can't figure out a good resource to figure out what pipes will fit my bike other than the make and year models covered in the Clymer for my bike. So I appreciate the input.

I don't know anything about newer bikes, but need to replace my exhaust. I can't figure out a good resource to figure out what pipes will fit my bike other than the make and year models covered in the Clymer for my bike. So I appreciate the input.

Only exhaust for the 01-02 426 will fit those two years, (as far as i know)  And is something wrong with the stock pipe and header??

Yeah, the muffler itself is damaged from a boulder and makes the bike extremely loud. I was checking out eBay for one that already has a spark arrestor, but I guess I'll have to get really lucky.

Rocky Mountain sells a powercore 4 for your bike, and a header to if you need one. Hope this helps!

Thanks, Doug, I'll check it out- the problem is that I'm a cheapskate.

Thanks, Doug, I'll check it out- the problem is that I'm a cheapskate.

You might have to rejet your bike after you install a new muffler, are you going to replace the header as well?

I wasn't planning on replacing the header. If I just replaced the muffler with another OEM, but added a spark arrestor, would that affect it enough that it would need to be rejetted?

I wasn't planning on replacing the header. If I just replaced the muffler with another OEM, but added a spark arrestor, would that affect it enough that it would need to be rejetted?

As long as its a stock yz426f pipe it will not need to be rejeted, and no, adding a spark arrestor will not require a jetting change, i added one and didnt have to touch a thing.

You can use the can from a 03-05 and it will bolt right on, I've got one from a 06 on mine but i had to make an adapter for the slip joint because the 06-09 pipe is bigger. You might have to go down a main jet size and turn your fuel screw in a little with the spark screen.

I also use an early 450 fmf Q and header on my 02 426.

Had to enlarge the hole on the subframe to bolt it up though.

Thanks guys, Ebay is pretty limited so that helps a lot knowing there are a few other options out there.