HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrismxer

YOSHIMURA RS-4 TITANIUM/CARBON

9 posts in this topic

I've used this exhaust for about 25 hours on my 12 YZ450f and I took it off to repack and found that the mid pipe (the loop section) is cracked along one of the welds! I've done no modifications to the engine except a map change (smooth GYTR map).

Anyone else had this issue with this pipe? It really frustrates me since this pipe has such little time and was $1100!

I've used this exhaust for about 25 hours on my 12 YZ450f and I took it off to repack and found that the mid pipe (the loop section) is cracked along one of the welds! I've done no modifications to the engine except a map change (smooth GYTR map).

Anyone else had this issue with this pipe? It really frustrates me since this pipe has such little time and was $1100!

You will most likely just have to get the crack welded. Same thing happened to my friends pro circuit pipe and they basically said you're SOL

I would call Yoshimura and talk to customer service/tech. I've talked to them before when the mid pipe to muffler fitment became lose on my exhaust and they fixed it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping. Great customer service.

I would call Yoshimura and talk to customer service/tech. I've talked to them before when the mid pipe to muffler fitment became lose on my exhaust and they fixed it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping. Great customer service.

I did, and was basically told I am SOL. I can buy a new one or (if they could weld it) will have to pay $75.

I will go to FMF next time!

You guy's think this is a manufacturing/design defect or wear and tear/something i did kind of crack?

It's wear and tear, but Yoshimura pipes do tend to be a bit delicate.  Light weight materials and such.  If it were a little more robust and maybe fit and mounted better, that would have at least taken longer to happen.

Pay $30 to some local welder to throw a bead of weld on it for you. That stuff happens all the time to exhaust pipes. All these titanium pipes are very thing material.

I did, and was basically told I am SOL. I can buy a new one or (if they could weld it) will have to pay $75.

I will go to FMF next time!

Did you talk to someone in tech support? They had me send a few photos and make some measurements and then they had me send it in to be repaired.