YOSHIMURA RS-4 TITANIUM/CARBON

I've used this exhaust for about 25 hours on my 12 YZ450f and I took it off to repack and found that the mid pipe (the loop section) is cracked along one of the welds! I've done no modifications to the engine except a map change (smooth GYTR map).

Anyone else had this issue with this pipe? It really frustrates me since this pipe has such little time and was $1100!

I've used this exhaust for about 25 hours on my 12 YZ450f and I took it off to repack and found that the mid pipe (the loop section) is cracked along one of the welds! I've done no modifications to the engine except a map change (smooth GYTR map).

Anyone else had this issue with this pipe? It really frustrates me since this pipe has such little time and was $1100!

You will most likely just have to get the crack welded. Same thing happened to my friends pro circuit pipe and they basically said you're SOL

IMG_0542_zpsf702676a.jpg

I would call Yoshimura and talk to customer service/tech. I've talked to them before when the mid pipe to muffler fitment became lose on my exhaust and they fixed it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping. Great customer service.

I would call Yoshimura and talk to customer service/tech. I've talked to them before when the mid pipe to muffler fitment became lose on my exhaust and they fixed it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping. Great customer service.

I did, and was basically told I am SOL. I can buy a new one or (if they could weld it) will have to pay $75.

I will go to FMF next time!

You guy's think this is a manufacturing/design defect or wear and tear/something i did kind of crack?

It's wear and tear, but Yoshimura pipes do tend to be a bit delicate.  Light weight materials and such.  If it were a little more robust and maybe fit and mounted better, that would have at least taken longer to happen.

Pay $30 to some local welder to throw a bead of weld on it for you. That stuff happens all the time to exhaust pipes. All these titanium pipes are very thing material.

I did, and was basically told I am SOL. I can buy a new one or (if they could weld it) will have to pay $75.

I will go to FMF next time!

Did you talk to someone in tech support? They had me send a few photos and make some measurements and then they had me send it in to be repaired.