HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbernard35

450 shoot out

7 posts in this topic

Mxa has a video up of all 5, seems like they like it.... Loved the Ktm except the suspension

I saw that. They don't rank them though. Is there an issue out yet with the Shootout in it yet?

I saw that. They don't rank them though. Is there an issue out yet with the Shootout in it yet?

No ranking, but they give a pretty good job of the pros and cons of each bine

Ya. It seems like there is a lot to be excited about for the Yam. I'm shocked that they didn't praise the motor more for it's hp. Seemed like they still really prefer the KX engine. But Kawi does have their engines dialed, these days. Either way, nice to see that they said the YZ isn't a love it or hate it bike anymore.

I saw i think in Dirt Rider where they said the 14 felt extremely similar to the 13 even with all the changes. They were kinda disappointed. But every other test i saw said they really liked it. 

They brought the KTM out first and said it was the best 450...so I was under the assumption they went down the line 1st to 5th with the YZ in last. Hopefully when the magazine shootout comes out they'll explain it a little better.

Of the 3 testers I know, 1- tied the suz and kaw and put the yam 2nd. The other 2 ranked Suz, Kaw, Yam Ktm and Honda.

None of them liked the Honda.

One of is buying a Yamaha after testing, all thought it has the most and most useable power and the most reliable hands down.