HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andreaso

Yamaha yzf 450 2006 stator problem

6 posts in this topic

I have a yzf 450 2006 that have no spark.

I have checked the coils on the stator and one of them is way out of tolerance.

I have ordered a stator from ebay.

And when i look at it dosent look the same. The plate where the coils are screwed on is smaller on my bike than the one i ordered.

Can i move the coils from the <-2006 plate and mount it on my ->2006 plate?

Edited by andreaso

Considering that from 2006-2009 stators are the same something is not right there.

The '06 stator is built on a mounting frame that looks more like a block than a plate, and is bolted to the outer cover by two or three screws.  The design of the mounting frame did change slightly between '06 and '09.  The '03-'05 stator was built on a round flanged plate that bolts to the crankcase.

And no, you may not remove the coils from one and use them on the other. 

The '06 stator is built on a mounting frame that looks more like a block than a plate, and is bolted to the outer cover by two or three screws. The design of the mounting frame did change slightly between '06 and '09. The '03-'05 stator was built on a round flanged plate that bolts to the crankcase.

And no, you may not remove the coils from one and use them on the other.

Sorry my english is not so good.

So i cant unscrew the whole package with cables and connector from the 2003-2005 round flanged plate and mount all of it on the 2006-2009 block and plug it in on the original connector on the bike?

Im talking abort moving the whole stator and not just one of the coils.

If that could be done, even if it fit the case cover properly, it would most likely flip it left for right, and the trigger coil would then be in the wrong place in relation to the crank; ignition timing would be wrong. I don't have one of either in front of me, but if I recall things correctly, I don't see it working.