Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShaneM122

2011 Yz450f Starting Problem!

9 posts in this topic

I recently got a 2011 Yz450f. It had an oversized tank on it when I bought it. It started 1st kick. Then I took oversized tank off and put stock on it. It then started 3rd kick. It idled and then I went to take off and it killed.  Now it wont start. I hear it hit. I push started it and it just wont start. I tied a rope too it and was pulled. It started but died immediately after. The bike has a lot of compression. I checked the plug and it was fine. I'm not sure what happened? Is it fuel pump or something? Help please!

Thanks.

give it a shot wont hurt anytime my bike dies for doesnt start some sudden reason thats the first thing i check im on a 2 stroke but still same shit if it was working then its not check the obvious first and just cause it will spark outside the cylinder when checking and it looks good doesnt mean it will spark when under compression .....is the plug wet after kicking it over a few times?

Yeah it's wet. I mean I guess it's worth a try. I just want to hear a few more problems that it can be.

You anwserd your own question it was fine till you change tanks. You did not install or hooked up fuel pump right. Go back a double check!

I recently got a 2011 Yz450f. It had an oversized tank on it when I bought it. It started 1st kick. Then I took oversized tank off and put stock on it. It then started 3rd kick. It idled and then I went to take off and it killed. Now it wont start. I hear it hit. I push started it and it just wont start. I tied a rope too it and was pulled. It started but died immediately after. The bike has a lot of compression. I checked the plug and it was fine. I'm not sure what happened? Is it fuel pump or something? Help please!

Thanks.

same thing happened to mine. I didn't have a gas cap vent hose on. Put it on so It creates suction to brig the gas into the carb! Maybe it is that simple