HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kicker98

Carb Issues

4 posts in this topic

Hey y'all, I have a 98 WR 400. The bike was running great about a month ago, but while riding I pulled the clutch in and gave it some gas so it wouldn't stall because my idle was messed up. When I pulled the clutch in I didn't give it enough gas and it shut off and hasn't started since. I pulled the carb off to check the jets and clean them. I read the "How to fix the 'BOG' issue thread", so I dremmiled the stopper on the diaphragm and put wire where was needed. After I put the carb back together, I filled the carb with gas and pulled the throttle and no gas shot out. Before I did this "mod", the gas shot out very strong from the carb when the throttle was pulled.

Has anyone else ran into this issue or should I just buy a new diaphragm??

Also if it is possible, can anyone take a picture of their carburetor on the left side, I need to make sure the tubes are connected correctly.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks for the help, Sorry it took me a while have been busy with work. I am ordering the parts tonight, hopefully this will fix the issue.