Is the DRD full exhaust and radiator lowering kit worth keeping on 2009 yz450f?

I have a 2009 yz450f and just bought a 2008 yz450f and it had a radiator lowering kit and a full DRD exhaust. I want my 08 to be the stock local bike and my 09 to be my race bike. I wanted to sell the DRD pipe and lowering kit and use that money to just buy an fmf q4 silencer for my 09. Now this is my concern, is a stock header (which is titanium and much fatter than the DRD header) better with a FMF q4 or is a DRD full exhaust with a lowering kit and a quiet core insert better. I have no Idea which way to go. By the way I ride woods and hare scrambles 

I have a 2008 stock exhaust that is basically brand new and also a full FMF factory 4.1 system with the quiet core insert. I was thinking about selling the FMF and getting the DRD exhaust with the radiator lowering kit. So if you are interested maybe we can set up some kind of trade.

Hmmm you see that sounds like a solution to my problem however im really trying to figure out if it is worth keeping my DRD and lowering kit. I know the exhaust new costs $450 bucks and the lowering kit in between 50- 100. I really dont know if the lowering kit works or not. One thing I would like to get answered though is why is the aftermarket DRD header skinnier than the stock header? it is a bit longer also but it doesnt make sense why a "better" aftermarket header should be so much thinner. Im thinking that with another silencer other than my stock silencer I can have a really good combination, (stock header is not compatible with the DRD silencer and the radiator lowering kit is not compatible with stock header.)  

Put the dr.d pipe & lowering kit on the 9,the stock pipe on the 7-9 really choke off the power, change main to162 or 165,48 pilot.The lowering kit makes the 6-13 turn better.The 9is the best of the 6-9 bikes,changed rear axle( bigger) & swingarm.The header is bigger because the stock muffler is so choked up,the dr.d pipe really works on this bikes.I owned a7,8,10 friend had 6,9,10 been down the road for all the mods for the yz from jetting to porting all the different pipe combo's.drd pipe works the best. They all still push,but very stable & don't break. I think the fmf muffler fits on the dr.d header.

Edited by galligar

Thanks a lot for your input I am going to go ahead and keep it then. It never hurt trying something first before I sell it. I think i will like it a lot. Anyways do you know anything about the quiet core insert? Will this coke up the pipe and basically make it like the stock silencer?

If your considering the FMF Q4 and thinking it'll be stronger than the stock pipe forget it. I tried the Megabomb/Q4 setup on my 08 and it was very quiet (good) and very slow (bad). If you need the stealth it's fine but if its not that huge of an issue to you I'd go for something that breathes better. My 2 cents.

Put the dr.d pipe & lowering kit on the 9,the stock pipe on the 7-9 really choke off the power, change main to162 or 165,48 pilot.The lowering kit makes the 6-13 turn better.The 9is the best of the 6-9 bikes,changed rear axle( bigger) & swingarm.The header is bigger because the stock muffler is so choked up,the dr.d pipe really works on this bikes.I owned a7,8,10 friend had 6,9,10 been down the road for all the mods for the yz from jetting to porting all the different pipe combo's.drd pipe works the best. They all still push,but very stable & don't break. I think the fmf muffler fits on the dr.d header.

Agree totally especially on the jetting. Don't be fooled thinking the Dr D head pipe smaller diameter makes less HP. The pipe is tuned and the combination makes better power down low and throughout. Make sure you put an 06 cdi on the 09. Noticeable grunt increase.

The DRD header is not small, the OEM header is big.  It was built oversize as a compensation for the ridiculously restrictive "shorty" muffler the thing came with.  With any kind of decent silencer on it, the pipe is way too large for maximum efficiency.

That is a weight off my shoulders, I was really worried that the DRD header was really small and not worth keeping.

Add the 06 CDI and you will have more get up and go.

One thing im worried about the 06 cdi is that is will be too much. I feel like if your bike is overly responsive you get a bike with a bunch of wheel spin and less to the ground power. (four strokes in general have two strokes beat in this category) I feel like this increase will give me a great first impression boom, but in the long run just make me a more tired rider. 

Another thing I noticed with this DRD full exhaust is how the header mounts to the silencer. It just slides in with no clamps or anything to assure that no false air is brought into the pipe from the atmosphere. Is it suppose to have a clamp there? should I go to the autoparts store and put a U clamp on it?

One thing im worried about the 06 cdi is that is will be too much. I feel like if your bike is overly responsive you get a bike with a bunch of wheel spin and less to the ground power. (four strokes in general have two strokes beat in this category) I feel like this increase will give me a great first impression boom, but in the long run just make me a more tired rider.

The 06 CDI will NOT be to much. I feel it is just about perfect for good grunt without the wheel spin. Not over powering at all. Edited by Gunner354

Not unless the pipe leaks significantly. Most aftermarket pipes are a slip fit like that.  I've had a DRD stainless system on mine since '07.  No problems of any kind with it.

Thank you I will trust the manufacturing fit, after all if they would think a clamp would help they would have included it.