HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BK14MX

TRANNY GEARS=Help Needed.

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone deal with a shop that may carry TRANS parts for a 00'426??????? With the Holiday coming up, I'm afraid I may be RIDELESS for most of my time off.. They can be ordered, but that will take 10-14 days(what the H@#$). If anyone deals with a great shop, or works for a shop, pppllleeeaaasseeeeeeee shoot me an email(bk14mx@mindspring.com) I need my FIX!!!!!

thanks,

Brian.

Y5BE-17252-10-00 5TH WHEEL

Y5BE-17231-00-00 3RD WHEEL

Y5BE-17241-10-00 4TH WHEEL

Y5BE-18501-00-00 SHIFT FORK

Y5BE-18503=00=00 SHIFT FORK

I'll try one of our local dealers here today. I'll post if I have any good news.

Hey Squidwerd, my kids are strung out on Spongebob Squarepants. They live for that show.

Thanks Mark, I appreciate the help! Also, thanks for the sites Squidwerd, their a big help.

Mark, The dogs didnt break, they just rounded off, it was suggested to me to have those gears undercut, whats your opinion on that process???

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: BK14MX ]

Hey bk4mx, I have a 250f with one tooth rounded off and one broken off third gear. I have contacted yamaha and they say there is no problem with the gears, but they are back orderd untill further notice. Customer assistance treated me like I was a lepper. This is definitly my last yamaha purchase. :D:D:D:):D

Be careful when you order the gears. I had a similar problem of a bent shift fork and rounded dogs, I think it was due to a crash pushing the shift lever extra hard and bending the fork. Anyway, my manual for the 01 yz had the gears mis-labeled, so I ordered a 1st gear instead of a 5 th gear when I went by the names listed in the book. The microfiche was correct but the book had them backwards, so double check before you order so you don't end up taking another 10-14 to get it fixed.

My local shop usually gets stuff in 2 days but they order every day. Many smaller shops only order once or twice a week thus the long time quotes.

You can also try Yamaha of Troy and Downers Grove Yamaha, they will ship to your door but I would be surprised if anyone stocks those parts.

Good luck, I hope you get it together to take advantage of your time off.

Jason