HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gcally

Stupid clutch cover question

7 posts in this topic

Can I remove the clutch cover on a 07 WR450 when it is leaning on the kickstand without having oil come out of the case?

I would rather work on the clutch without having to lay the bike on its side.

Can I remove the clutch cover on a 07 WR450 when it is leaning on the kickstand without having oil come out of the case?

Should be fine. I actualy prefer laying bike on side by placing left side of handle bar on bike stand...it's how I change my oil filter as well so oil doesn't run all down the side of the motor.

You have to lean it over at least 30 degrees or so to keep oil from coming out.

Yup. Just lay the bike on its side and put a log or something under the handlebars as to not bend your rad shrouds

I just wanted to post a follow up. You can actually have the bike on the stand and take the cover off without leaking any oil.

See picture…

IMG_0008.JPG

I just wanted to post a follow up. You can actually have the bike on the stand and take the cover off without leaking any oil.

See picture…

On the kick stand?