HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ggggg

Scored a bargain?

6 posts in this topic

I just secured a deal on a pair of wheels for my wr426, with discs, sprocket, spacers & tyres, all as new, cost me £200 (uk money), I think this a steal, what say you?

Stateside a used spare set is around $400, so you did pretty good (im guessing your 200 equals about 350$us ?).

Yes I think about $320, I'm pleased enough with the deal, as the wheels etc are in superb condition, it will save me swapping tyres for trail/road work, (which we call green lanes over here), & competition events.

We are very limited on trails that we can ride over here, no open land, just a few tracks that were old drovers roads & cart tracks, called 'byways', your bike has to be road legal, & a lot of other organisations are getting them closed to motorised vehicles, we have to fight the law & trail walkers over here to keep the right to ride!

Yes I think about $320, I'm pleased enough with the deal, as the wheels etc are in superb condition, it will save me swapping tyres for trail/road work, (which we call green lanes over here), & competition events.

We are very limited on trails that we can ride over here, no open land, just a few tracks that were old drovers roads & cart tracks, called 'byways', your bike has to be road legal, & a lot of other organisations are getting them closed to motorised vehicles, we have to fight the law & trail walkers over here to keep the right to ride!

That's why my family left your area and move to the States for places like this!!

Camp Creek 1-24-10 034.jpg

That's a big move Tomerb, the landscape in your picture is astounding, arid,& beautiful. My big challenge, with planning & just the wish to go somewhere unusual on a bike that is on my doorstep, draws me to The Broomway, to Foulness Island.