Scored a bargain?

I just secured a deal on a pair of wheels for my wr426, with discs, sprocket, spacers & tyres, all as new, cost me £200 (uk money), I think this a steal, what say you?

Stateside a used spare set is around $400, so you did pretty good (im guessing your 200 equals about 350$us ?).

Yes I think about $320, I'm pleased enough with the deal, as the wheels etc are in superb condition, it will save me swapping tyres for trail/road work, (which we call green lanes over here), & competition events.

We are very limited on trails that we can ride over here, no open land, just a few tracks that were old drovers roads & cart tracks, called 'byways', your bike has to be road legal, & a lot of other organisations are getting them closed to motorised vehicles, we have to fight the law & trail walkers over here to keep the right to ride!

Yes I think about $320, I'm pleased enough with the deal, as the wheels etc are in superb condition, it will save me swapping tyres for trail/road work, (which we call green lanes over here), & competition events.

We are very limited on trails that we can ride over here, no open land, just a few tracks that were old drovers roads & cart tracks, called 'byways', your bike has to be road legal, & a lot of other organisations are getting them closed to motorised vehicles, we have to fight the law & trail walkers over here to keep the right to ride!

That's why my family left your area and move to the States for places like this!!

Camp Creek 1-24-10 034.jpg

That's a big move Tomerb, the landscape in your picture is astounding, arid,& beautiful. My big challenge, with planning & just the wish to go somewhere unusual on a bike that is on my doorstep, draws me to The Broomway, to Foulness Island.

I hope That I am ok to put a link here about he island, the ride to it is a great fascination to me, I think it might bring back distant memories of The western Beach Race start straight, (albeit at a more sedate pace)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foulness