offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

2,392 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 6/17/2017 at 10:49 AM, hollywood_72 said:

Gotta love Michigan, add a mirror and get a plate:

IMAG3239.jpg.74ac53360ef367429eb9fc3e12792136.jpg

 

Also added my GPS, still waiting on the roll chart holder to show up:

IMAG3240.jpg.0e515c9cd749df326f56234b5c90c765.jpg

 

Giving the Seat Concepts a try, 1 inch taller and a littler wider than stock:

 

IMAG3245.jpg.1d11e4df834504f359980fafe4827e1c.jpg

 

And Steve added the Fastway hand guards and PlusOnePerformance radiator guards before I picked it up:

 

IMAG3247.jpg.da34c2335805f2331de037e0cf39d635.jpg

 

Kennedy

 

Wow!! See this is an example of just a straight up gorgeous dream bike... What is nicer or works better than this? Nothing from what I can tell...

That seat is beautiful! and it works perfect with the race edition graphics..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Wow!! See this is an example of just a straight up gorgeous dream bike... What is nicer or works better than this? Nothing from what I can tell...

That seat is beautiful! and it works perfect with the race edition graphics..

Thanks, installed the roll chart holder right next to the GPS tonight. Still debating if I'm going to put on the wheel decals.

And yes, the seat looks nice and seems to be well made. First time for a seat concepts.

Kennedy

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea seat concepts are excellent. The wheel decals look great but if you go in ugly rocks it will probably get busted up a bit. You already have it though so why not.. It will be nice for  a while at least..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installled an AXP Extreme skid plate.  Man this thing is thick!  All one piece with the linkage guard built in.  Sorry about the mud it was a wicked ride last night.

0621172238_zpsekoauxzf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danceswithtrees said:

Installled an AXP Extreme skid plate.  Man this thing is thick!  All one piece with the linkage guard built in.  Sorry about the mud it was a wicked ride last night.

0621172238_zpsekoauxzf.jpg

This one is on my list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hollywood_72 - Your bike looks awesome, I am looking at putting one of those Race Sticker Kits on mine, did it take long?

Beta 300RR 2015 - 5000km - I have never had a single issue with this bike. 

In the last two weeks, I have given my bike a Birthday.

  • Replaced Front Fork Oil  
  • Top End Rebuild.
  • Installed JD Jetting Kit - Changed Pilot, Main and Needle. May do the powervalve mod....
  • Replaced Stock Kill Switch with yz 250 Kill Switch. The stock switch got water in it. Put Di-Electric grease on all joins.
  • Gear Box Oil Change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next - Chain & Sprockets. 

 

IMG_5055.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modified this brake spring from a yz to fit the beta. Just had to drill and tap the red holder for 8mm. Now the rear brake has a very firm feel.:thumbsup: Also ditched the brake pressure sensor's with some regular banjo bolts...Actually noticeably improved the feel of the front brake.

20170623_124347_HDR.jpg

Not Beta content...but added this Gasgas 280 racing to the fleet. After my last Gasser trials bike, I swore I'd buy a Beta instead...but I'm a slow learner... 

20170623_124331.jpg

Edited by Sierra_rider
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sierra_rider said:

Modified this brake spring from a yz to fit the beta. Just had to drill and tap the red holder for 8mm. Now the rear brake has a very firm feel.:thumbsup: Also ditched the brake pressure sensor's with some regular banjo bolts...Actually noticeably improved the feel of the front brake.

20170623_124347_HDR.jpg

Not Beta content...but added this Gasgas 280 racing to the fleet. After my last Gasser trials bike, I swore I'd buy a Beta instead...but I'm a slow learner... 

20170623_124331.jpg

Nothing wrong with a gasser trials bike.. from what little I know of trials bike.. but I'd get a gasgas if it was a good deal . Beta's go for not cheap and I've been surprised how trials bikes have high resale.. at least locally. I saw that a new gasgas trials bike goes for something like $6500 or less brand new. I saw it at our gasgas shop up the road and thought that wasn't a bad deal.. of course I don't know much about trials bikes and what's good or not.. if one is that much better than another. I bet you got a good deal. This is what I saw for just a little bit more at the shop for sale.. Is this good? I'd think it would be for the price ..but idk..

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/6172593610.html

00707_aefqDHxukwL_1200x900.jpghttps://images.cr

2017 Gas Gas 250 

fuel: gas 
transmission: manual 

Brand new 2017 gas gas 250 contact trials bike. It only has 2 rides on it comes with a beginner seat. It is a lot of fun to ride. Message me for pictures and more info. It's a great bike and runs perfect

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Nothing wrong with a gasser trials bike.. from what little I know of trials bike.. but I'd get a gasgas if it was a good deal . Beta's go for not cheap and I've been surprised how trials bikes have high resale.. at least locally. I saw that a new gasgas trials bike goes for something like $6500 or less brand new. I saw it at our gasgas shop up the road and thought that wasn't a bad deal.. of course I don't know much about trials bikes and what's good or not.. if one is that much better than another. I bet you got a good deal. This is what I saw for just a little bit more at the shop for sale.. Is this good? I'd think it would be for the price ..but idk..

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/6172593610.html

00707_aefqDHxukwL_1200x900.jpghttps://images.cr

2017 Gas Gas 250 

fuel: gas 
transmission: manual 

Brand new 2017 gas gas 250 contact trials bike. It only has 2 rides on it comes with a beginner seat. It is a lot of fun to ride. Message me for pictures and more info. It's a great bike and runs perfect

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

 

Around here that's a fair price, the contact is the base/entry level model in the gasgas line up. The base model used to be the Pro and the Racing had the extra bling and different forks. I think now its the Contact and the Gp.

I went with this '14 racing as it's essentially the same bike as the '17s. Really wanted a Beta, but they are few and far between here and everyone wants a butt-load of money for them. Gasser's are fairly plentiful as we've got one of the biggest Gasgas dealers in the country locally.

Edited by Sierra_rider
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_1498532876.267671.jpg

Headed up Pine mountain and down the stair steps. Finished by 10:30. It hit 100 degrees by noon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


  • Similar Content

    • By OscarFox
      PRICE DROP
      For sale is my 2015 Beta 350RR. 2734 miles and 120 hours. Just had some top end work done by Sierra BMW and BETA. Fresh air filter and oil. This is an awesome dual sport bike. Or you can strip the lights and turn signals and have a single track weapon, your choice. This bike will do it all. Unfortunately, I've been riding my 2 stroke lately and don't have room or the time to maintain 2 bikes. My loss is your gain! Front tire only has a few rides on it, the rear needs to be changed. Beta's are super reliable and amazing machines that rival KTM and Husky! 

      -Forks revalved by LT-Racing for 210# rider w/gear
      -Mylers oversized radiators and bulletproof radiator guards
      -Folding ARC clutch and brake levers (I have the stock levers as well)
      -3.1 gallon tank. (I also have the stock tank)
      -Seat concepts dual sport seat (also includes the stock seat with guts foam and motoseat seat cover)
      -FMF powercore 4 with silent core/spark arrestor. I've got the stock spark arrestor as well. Racing compliant!
      -Boano racing billet brake pedal with brake tip
      -FJ Fasst co. brake clevis
      -Billet chain blocks
      -upgraded steel oil pump gears- the plastic stock ones are prone to failure
      -Force accessories case saver
      -TMD skid plate (not pictured but will be on the bike)

      Extras:
      Acerbis X-factor handguards
      a few spare plastics pieces
      key switch with plug and play wiring
      extra tubes and rimlocks
      Printed and bound owners manual and service manual
      10mm billet bar risers

      It's a dirt bike so it has some cosmetic damage. Some chipped plastic and scratches on the swingarm. 

      Can send more pictures/info upon request
    • By makavellu
      Hi guys ,
      Mounting and dismounting the rear wheel I`ve broken the safety piece in the rear brake .
      I cannot see the piece in the Beta parts Diagram.
      It`s ok to ride without this piece ?
      Thanks

    • By Elite Motorsports
      Hey Everyone, 
      I just wanted to give everyone an update on how the Alta Redshift MX did at the RMEC Hard Rock Enduro in Colorado. Don was able to get a 2nd place finish (would have been first if not for a flat rear tire) in the A 50 + class and 17th overall. The bike was absolutely amazing on the technical rocky terrain. 
      Race Info:
      6 laps that averaged 23 minutes per lap a little over 2 hours of actual racing time Don was able to sneak in about 35-40 minutes of charging total using a 220v generator. Raced the entire race in Map 1 on the Alta The Alta does require a little more strategy for Longer format Enduro racing, but it is very competitive against gas bikes! 
      Here is the link to the YouTube video of the race from Don's helmet cam.
       
    • By hawaiidirtrider
      This just came on my subs.. Cool!!!!