offworlder

What did you do to your Beta today ?

2,392 posts in this topic

One more vid from Rush spring ranch. It could use some editing but the more I watch it the more I like the Point of view of the chin mounted gopro. I am not a fast rider but I think it does a good job of seeing the speed and roughness of the terrain. In the vid you can see that I mounted my phone to the handlebar pad, and even though it wasn't working that day, it will show a live view of the gopro to help set up the viewing angle and allow me to make all camera adjustments as well as stop, start, and pause video with the capture app on my phone and it is all wireless. Kind of cool. I will get better video of how that works next time out. 

Couple of crashes. A good rider would of had no problems.

I definitely need to work on my dismount, and ride with a buddy. Was a little nervous that my phone wasn't working.... for some reason it started a software update and I couldn't shut it off. BTW," updating technology" and "Missouri" two things that aren't spoken of together very often. ;) No offence, just pass the insults on to Arkansas. 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

IMG_0258.JPG.258ccbd7b9e06fac43067c1a502fcdf8.JPG

So I started this little project this morning at 8am Tuesday. It's now 2am Wednesday. New Brakes. Chain, sprockets, slider, chain block,

front and rear springs, full fluid dump, stripped the old disco graphics,put the stock back on, slave guard and cleaned the ever living shit out of it. Still a work in progress but a little closer every time.IMG_0180.JPG.e6d5a138659500a71db59a38b9ba9af8.JPGIMG_0254.JPG.4f6a3497a940d75cbdb47dc065cea659.JPGIMG_0261.JPG.e558839e1c8197f6bd1021cabf97a6b1.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

Edited by poconovfr
4 people like this

On 6/3/2017 at 9:49 PM, Sierra_rider said:

Put on new seat foam (stock height) and a Motoseat cover, also a new pipe and new tires.

20170603_175934_HDR.jpg

Tested the Golden Tyre's out last Sunday...these things (216AA) are hyped-up and I wasn't sure how they could live up to the hype. Well, after riding in some loose NorCal silt and trailblazing through deep duff, i gotta say these are the real deal. The front hooks up in the corners and the bike seemed to track better through the rocks. I went with the fatty front (90/100) which was the same size as the Bridgestone x30's I've been running. The back really hooks up well, even in the loose dirt we have this time of year. I was running 12psi in the back to avoid a pinch flat and it honestly feels like most other tires do at 8psi. I'm coming off a MotoZ tractionater S/T on the back, I liked that tire intially, but soon realized that it didn't really live up to its name. 

3 people like this

Rode it today, the Goldentyre's made this section easy...well, maybe easy isn't the right word.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ok so when I got my Ptech combo skid plate I noticed that my stock pipe is bent a little and pushed back. There's no notice in power .. It still works fine.. but I got to thinking again about choices of pipes to get in case my stock pipe is bent... It's been between the fmf gnarly, a Pro circuit platinum and out of the ordinary an xtrainer stock pipe. I'd ridden a 16' 300rr with the xtrainer pipe and it worked fine.. I only rode it for a short time.. nothing like a full day and didn't go in any hardcore stuff.. it was just a short test ride... Anyway I saw a used xtrainer pipe on ebay and bought it for $95 shipped..and with a carbon fiber guard.. The trick is to see if it fits with the Ptech combo guard. I hope it does.. but we will see.  This is the next step in modding my 300rr . I thought it was a decent price to try. I was really thinking of the platinum pipe pro circuit but I'm not sure it will fit my Ptech.. yet at least.

s-l1600.jpg

You can't tell much here but this 16 300 rr has an xtrainer pipe on it..and other undisclosed mods my dealer was fooling with. It was going to be his bike but when all the 16's got sold a guy bought it from under him.. I liked it but I didn't take it out on an mx course  or anything to see the full range of how the bike worked..but in the trail it was good.. the xtrainer pipe is supposed to have a little more low end.. idk. I'll find out but I liked this bike.. 

So what sucks is the seller didn't want to send me the pipe because he didn't figure the price of the pipe shipping right.. he says... so he refunded my money.. So now I'm wondering about what pipe to get again... no xtrainer pipe for now... Should I get the gnarly? That would be a guaranty fit with my Ptech pipe skid plate combo... but I would like to try the procircuit platinum.. just for the hell of it.. but the question remains.. would it fit??

https://www.procircuit.com/beta-250-300-platinum-pipe-14-17.html

08101430-800x800-B.jpg

I already have the shorty pc silencer.. This might be good.. idk.. more mid and top.. for fun.. The bottom end now is unreal. Even if I lost a tiny bit of low end the pro circuit platinum might be good.. :thinking:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

NEW RUBBER and TUBLISS!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

Riding the heck out of Boise area trails this week! Nice to be riding new stuff away from home!

IMG_3611.JPG

IMG_3612.JPG

3 people like this

NEW RUBBER and TUBLISS!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

Riding the heck out of Boise area trails this week! Nice to be riding new stuff away from home!
IMG_3611.JPG.cc9e07b8c8f007882a02651d6a22c6ec.JPG
IMG_3612.JPG.1cd088fa6fd6b96ce208ed7add9c560c.JPG

which tires?
psi?
1 person likes this

Dunlop mx52. First time with these tires and tubliss. Ran 8 in front and 6 rear and it felt good! Need to keep playing with it to see the range and how it works. Any suggestions?

26 minutes ago, A079821 said:

Dunlop mx52. First time with these tires and tubliss. Ran 8 in front and 6 rear and it felt good! Need to keep playing with it to see the range and how it works. Any suggestions?

Dunno about the 52's, but I got sidewall punctures from hitting rocks on 2 separate AT81's while running the Tubliss. Could be just my problem, but hopefully the mx52 has a stronger sidewall.

On 6/14/2017 at 2:18 PM, monstersumo said:

which tires?
psi?

I see that combo guard!!!!

21 hours ago, Sierra_rider said:

Dunno about the 52's, but I got sidewall punctures from hitting rocks on 2 separate AT81's while running the Tubliss. Could be just my problem, but hopefully the mx52 has a stronger sidewall.

Does anyone like AT81's??? seems like they aren't very good tires.

1 person likes this

Dude... that guard is MONEY!!! They even threw in the linkage guard too!! Saved my pipe and linkage many times. Plus everyone that sees it like DAMN!! Lol!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, A079821 said:

Dude... that guard is MONEY!!! They even threw in the linkage guard too!! Saved my pipe and linkage many times. Plus everyone that sees it like DAMN!! Lol!

I didn't know they had a linkage guard.. I should have looked into that too!!

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I see that combo guard!!!!

Does anyone like AT81's??? seems like they aren't very good tires.

They actually hooked up decently, they just didn't hold up to a faster pace through the rocks.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

They actually hooked up decently, they just didn't hold up to a faster pace through the rocks.

At least that ... That tire doesn't have a good reputation locally. I'd never get one.. 

1 person likes this

Just now, hawaiidirtrider said:

At least that ... That tire doesn't have a good reputation locally. I'd never get one.. 

For me, the 81's actually hooked up better than the MotoZ tractionater s/t that replaced them. The MotoZ only seemed to work well when it was very new. I've since found my new favorite tire, the Goldentyre gt216.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

For me, the 81's actually hooked up better than the MotoZ tractionater s/t that replaced them. The MotoZ only seemed to work well when it was very new. I've since found my new favorite tire, the Goldentyre gt216.

What I'm finding out about the Motoz is the desert and the intermediate work better as far as rubber composition being softer and hooking better.  The harder rubber in the ST is ok but since using the softer Motoz HT up front I want to try the back. I think that might  work.   I've used the terrapactor in back on a couple of bikes... it's not bad with being lighter and having a much lighter sidewall that flexes more .  The tractionator is heavier ..thicker.. not as much flex but it lasts.. and it actually sort of broke in on my friends 450 ktm.. it got softer and worked better later.  I've heard the GT216 is supposed to be good.. Here's the HT that I'm interested in trying later.. but there are so many good tires to try these days.. It's a good time to choose tires..got a shinko cheater and a sedona and others to try too.

909-110-100-18.jpg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Getting baby ready for her new pair of Italian shoes.... Goldentyre GT723's

0617171111b_zpsbvzxydyq.jpg

0617171042d_zpsqzoryjrs.jpg

0617171102g%201_zpsebpo8mft.jpg

0617171102d%201_zpszyohcadl.jpg

Edited by MarantzManiac
1 person likes this

Gotta love Michigan, add a mirror and get a plate:

IMAG3239.jpg.74ac53360ef367429eb9fc3e12792136.jpg

Also added my GPS, still waiting on the roll chart holder to show up:

IMAG3240.jpg.0e515c9cd749df326f56234b5c90c765.jpg

Giving the Seat Concepts a try, 1 inch taller and a littler wider than stock:

IMAG3245.jpg.1d11e4df834504f359980fafe4827e1c.jpg

And Steve added the Fastway hand guards and PlusOnePerformance radiator guards before I picked it up:

IMAG3247.jpg.da34c2335805f2331de037e0cf39d635.jpg

Kennedy

6 people like this

Yesterday I stripped a bunch of the unneeded wiring, no more turn signal, brake light wiring, etc. The horn stays though, as that the novelty of it never left me. Found one of the connectors for the starter broke, so it was hit or miss with the button while I was riding today.

Anyway...got a rear flat while riding today. I always pack a spare tube...except for today.:banghead: For whatever reason, I took it out of my back pack the other day when I was looking for something and it never made it back in. I ended up stuffing pine needles in the tire as a last ditch effort. It worked for a few miles, but was pointless after that. I'm done with tubes and Tubliss's and have a mousse on order.

1 person likes this

On 6/15/2017 at 8:34 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

What I'm finding out about the Motoz is the desert and the intermediate work better as far as rubber composition being softer and hooking better.  The harder rubber in the ST is ok but since using the softer Motoz HT up front I want to try the back. I think that might  work.   I've used the terrapactor in back on a couple of bikes... it's not bad with being lighter and having a much lighter sidewall that flexes more .  The tractionator is heavier ..thicker.. not as much flex but it lasts.. and it actually sort of broke in on my friends 450 ktm.. it got softer and worked better later.  I've heard the GT216 is supposed to be good.. Here's the HT that I'm interested in trying later.. but there are so many good tires to try these days.. It's a good time to choose tires..got a shinko cheater and a sedona and others to try too.

909-110-100-18.jpg

I think you are on to something with looking at the MotoZ HT as a possible "next" tire to try. I've been pleased with the I/T from MotoZ for a couple of years, but lately I've been overwhelming them in the rock gardens, and creating some interesting wear on my rims (Lol!) Ok, for the slightly moist to wet terrain the I/T is great but once into the dry rock gardens at least for me they start to fail, mostly in the sidewall area (being way too soft) Last weekend spoke volumes to me on this subject.

I got a Cheater rear and a MotoZ hybrid front for one set of rims that are out being rebuilt as we speak, but my current (day to day) rims are going to get something else, maybe a Motoz HT rear and a Fatty front ????

1 person likes this