What did you do to your Beta today ?

offworlder

Pulled the left side crank cover to replace it.

e47kT2bGOMcGB9-BzimCTOqd4txF6xrD3OwfuS-B

S9ENzbLCord_j4LREAUdtwFpFJSbNLC-QRqf63Na

Then stripped the safety torx bolt on the head cover:( 

i4_UvpUdlwe-YO5b6i-5je2mwukc5vCY_65aDJfB

Found water in my oil and some missing in my rad.

0PA4bC7uDowbaWJnh1ORE2usag9J0C6CVF2F7Iwh

And got these new Fastway Evo 4 footpegs. Should help me ballance on it in the garage while I'm not riding it. ? 

U_dEeN8tOUDb_EHrIukgc1BuPdXKNh0Mo4q2iXeo

And this helmet so I can't hear the "Isn't that a brand new bike? Why is it all torn apart?" 

oNvL5qwXgifpnEIKp-r4uoCrdDOv6iVp_OovQaVQ

So it's all good!

• Like 5

On 5/12/2017 at 11:41 PM, cj_wai said:

where did you buy them? looks like old stock. you have the old aggressive rim locks not that they are a problem).  the inner bladder may be old and could be suspect.  if you call nuetech they may be able to help.

I got them from cycle gear, I emailed Jeff with your concerns. He emailed me back within the hour and is sending me a new bladder, with the rim tape that cycle gear failed to include, to be safe! I will definitely be a customer if they preform as well as their customer service. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎18 at 11:16 AM, newk75 said:

I got them from cycle gear, I emailed Jeff with your concerns. He emailed me back within the hour and is sending me a new bladder, with the rim tape that cycle gear failed to include, to be safe! I will definitely be a customer if they preform as well as their customer service. Thanks for the heads up. 

great news.........love a good business owner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, newk75 said:

I'll assume that this didn't happen since there are no pictures attached.

No glamor shots, and did not finish the front fender graphics, but no longer white, thank goodness!

Oh yeah, new silicone hoses and a left side Mylers radiator also 

IMG_3386.JPG

Edited by Mark-us-B
  • Like 2

Ran it out of gas.  Me and a buddy were mileaging the route for our enduro next weekend.  It started to thunder, lightening and rain really hard the last few miles.  I ran out of gas about 1 1/2 miles from the end.  My buddy leaves to finish the course and then bring gas back to me.  I waited there an hour, in the pouring rain, lightning strikes all around, getting ready to start walking but figured I'd stay put for a little while longer.  Finally I got a phone call from another buddy who took a truck to try and find me.  Turns out the guy I was mileaging with ran out of gas 3/4 of a mile past where I did and he had to walk back to let someone know. 

That was right about 60 miles when I ran out.  30 mpg single track with the 390, I got closer to 40 with the 350.  Have to go back out today and mileage the A loop.

0603171833_zpsonftqcor.jpg

• Like 6

On 5/30/2017 at 7:44 PM, newk75 said:

Samco silicone thermostat bypass hoses. Cut in temperature sensor. Bit hard to cut $250 hoses....20170530_202432.jpg 

Ever consider the Gates PowerGrip heatshrink hose clamps?  Been using them on the silicon hoses on the KTM and they work great.  Nothing to chew up the hose either.  Can find them on Amazon for about $3/ea.  Sure, they're single use, but $3...  Look a hell of a lot better than worm drive clamps too.  

Edited by freebird_78

Ever consider the Gates PowerGrip heatshrink hose clamps?  Been using them on the silicon hoses on the KTM and they work great.  Nothing to chew up the hose either.  Can find them on Amazon for about $3/ea.  Sure, they're single use, but $3...  Look a hell of a lot better than worm drive clamps too.  

I'll check em out!
  • Like 1

Took the 500 to Rush Springs Ranch in SW Missouri this weekend. They have some pretty decent terrain but is definitely built for side by sides and 4 wheeler. Thought is would be a good place to get a little seat time on the rocks. The Beta was great, I did loved the 13 tooth front sprocket. Could use a bigger back sprocket for hill climbs and getting out of trouble both on uphill and down hill, however, the the 45 minute ride to get there would of been horrible with lower gearing. I think a second rear wheel would be a great way to go. I did break in the go pro so I will put a couple un-edited vids here if I can. The card corrupted and didn't save the last video that had this cool little waterfall descent. but I did get the pre descent vid. really happy with the Dango Design Gripper Mount for the Go Pro, good POV IMHO. It also allowed me to take the camera off and clip it to a tree or any part of the bike, even the back of my boot for a rear facing view. The new hero 5 also was nice for turning off with voice control. You could clip the camera to a tree and yell at it to start and stop recording in lieu of remote control. Don't dog me for the lack of production or the lack of riding skill. I am excited to just get them from the camera to the web. ? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, newk75 said:

Took the 500 to Rush Springs Ranch in SW Missouri this weekend. They have some pretty decent terrain but is definitely built for side by sides and 4 wheeler. Thought is would be a good place to get a little seat time on the rocks. The Beta was great, I did loved the 13 tooth front sprocket. Could use a bigger back sprocket for hill climbs and getting out of trouble both on uphill and down hill, however, the the 45 minute ride to get there would of been horrible with lower gearing. I think a second rear wheel would be a great way to go. I did break in the go pro so I will put a couple un-edited vids here if I can. The card corrupted and didn't save the last video that had this cool little waterfall descent. but I did get the pre descent vid. really happy with the Dango Design Gripper Mount for the Go Pro, good POV IMHO. It also allowed me to take the camera off and clip it to a tree or any part of the bike, even the back of my boot for a rear facing view. The new hero 5 also was nice for turning off with voice control. You could clip the camera to a tree and yell at it to start and stop recording in lieu of remote control. Don't dog me for the lack of production or the lack of riding skill. I am excited to just get them from the camera to the web. ? 

13/50 works great for me on/off road. It keeps me from wearing out the rear tire(s) as it limits slightly to more respectable speeds for serious offroad DOT tires, asphalt is a killer on these tires over 45mph IMHO. 50-55 is max for me, which is all my fastest stuff on J-roads here in northern California, both my Beta rear wheels have 50 tooth sprockets on them. I've never gone on freeways with the Beta, I have other bikes for that. 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2017 at 2:20 PM, freebird_78 said:

Do you recall what part # worked for your bike? I think that they are about 1" but haven't measured?