HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigNick98

Best basic maintenance schedule for 450f

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have an 03 yz450f and was wondering what all you guys do for maintenance. I know you should change the oil every 5 hours and lube the chain but what else is there? What does everyone do to keep their bike in great shape and long lasting?

I use full synthetic Amsoil MCF and change it every 8-10 hours. I have a Scotts SS oil filter and clean it every couple of oil changes. Clean air filter every ride. Lube chain every ride. Install a new timing chain every 50 hours (and check the valve clearance while I'm in there). Lube cables as necessary. Clean and re-grease rear suspension bearings and steering head bearings twice a year. I change out my fork oil, seals, and bushings about once a year. I send the shock to my suspension guy about once a year.

I have over 300 hours on my '08 without one single problem. Put in a new piston & rings at 200 hours just to freshen it up.