'12 WR450 Tires for a Dual Sport Ride

Doing a dual sport ride in October and looking for some suggestions on tire choice.

Event to be held in Virginia and West Virginia.  Roads will be paved sections, gravel, single track with a lot of rocky sections, some mud...  When I'm not riding that event, I'm usually in dirt, mud and some sand (but not much.)

I've used the stock MX51's for that type of riding in the past and don't have too many complaints.  They hold up well offroad and I actually like them.  I've heard some mixed reviews.  Their onroad prowess is not that good, as you might imagine.  They get chewed up after a few hundred miles.

I've owned D606's in the past on different bikes.  I suppose I could go that route, but I'd hate to give up anything offroad.  Seems to me that tire loses something in a pure dirt environment.  I've also run a Pirelli MT21 on the front on a different bike.  It seemed pretty good for a pure dual sport tire.

Any ideas on replacement tires?  The only pavement I ride on this bike is to get to dirt.  Do they make a 95% dirt / 5% road tire????

Thanks,

Jon 

Decided to give the Motoz Enduro IT a try.  It seems like it should do the trick.  I'll be interested to see how it performs compared to the mx51.

Thanks for the help.

Jon

most motoz tires ( My favourite tire is the motoz enduro it ), Many kendas like the washougal, parker dt, trackmaster, and southwick (i think), Ive had a michelin ac-10 which was good but wore down very quick. Alot of mx tires are dot approved but arent listed as being so.