yz426f oil line delet kit?

Yes these kits existed in the day (Dr. D offered them). Now to the real question, why? Do you think the 16 ounce saving will put you further up at the races? Now that you have cut your oil capacity in half, will you change the oil after every ride? If you are not a sponsored rider (which obviously you aren't if riding a 13 year old machine) are you just trying to blow it up? There are plenty of mods to increase power, torque and or ease of use. This mod does nothing.

Edited by Fastest1

Yes these kits existed in the day (Dr. D offered them). Now to the real question, why? Do you think the 16 ounce saving will put you further up at the races? Now that you have cut your oil capacity in half, will you change the oil after every ride? If you are not a sponsored rider (which obviously you aren't if riding a 13 year old machine) are you just trying to blow it up? There are plenty of mods to increase power, torque and or ease of use. This mod does nothing.

thanks for the info I was not real sure about this and it did seem a little weired! Im not really looking to do it but i was wanting to know if it was a good or bad deal sounds like it has all the potential of a real bad idea

Good choice though you could probably find the kit cheaply ( the one benefit of having an older bike, cheap aftermarket parts!). Have you done all of the free mods? BK mod? Auto decompression cam from a 450 or Hotcams? All good mods.

Good choice though you could probably find the kit cheaply ( the one benefit of having an older bike, cheap aftermarket parts!). Have you done all of the free mods? BK mod? Auto decompression cam from a 450 or Hotcams? All good mods.

im going to do the Auto decompression mod soon, i dont know of the other mods though

The BK Mod was done to early 426's (maybe even all) due to a large squirt from the accel pump. It had a tendency to flood the motor (or actually wet the plug). IIRC the wonderful Garrett Berg aka Motoman393 brought it to our attention. A simple mod if it hasn't been done already. Another good product for this particular bike IMO was to install a plate in the intake just before the carb. Between the air box and carb not carb and motor. This product could be homemade or purchased. I believe it became known as the power wing IIRC. All I know is that it helped mine start considerably easier for whatever reason ( this is a hotly contested mod. Believe what you want. I believe it works well was worth the effort or money). It can always be removed if it doesn't work for you. A JD jetting kit is essential if it isn't already installed. (It contains a variation of accel pump mod also).

Ferry started with Yamaha in 1998 on a 250.  He started on the 426 in 2001.

Doug Henry won the 1997 Las Vegas Supercross on the prototype YZM400, and the 1998 250 National MX Championship on the YZ400F production model.

Ferry's 4-strokes were known for their short gearboxes.  He ran a 3 speed in '03 on the 450.

Yes Cowboy! I mostly clean the carb more than I ride now days. I have moved to within a few miles of 3 Palms in the Houston Conroe area but am too old to ride there. Most likely going to start riding the forest. 3 kids have slowed me down but they are now between 10-13 so maybe there will be time. Good to hear from you.