Thing I wanted and or needed in a bike

Plate

Light weight

Six speed

E start

Lots of aftermarket parts available

Warranty

Local dealers

I looked at all other makes ktm was the only option and after several years I'm still stoked .

45 people like this

Wow, amazing based on your knowledge and experience it"s quite amazing all those car manufacturers are still in busines. Funny I have done rebuilds on many KTMs and never noticed what you have , and in reference to your very knowledgable race team members, I am quite shocked at their opinion. But of coarse I spoke with some one the other day and they told me the world was flat!!!!!!!

27 people like this

Not to mention the gearbox issues with the 2012/13 models and the condensation in the motors after the bench run in Austria and not to mention the water pump gasket issue identified by Slavens racing!

Edited by thebob_za
5 people like this

Look this is opinion based , if you like the brand .. Then great , i choose not to buy them .

What continues to surprise me is the amount of recalls they have , even on the very latest models . Cant they get it right ?

Other brands have issues too , but with Ktm it is ongoing .

A simple google search will confirm recalls

12 people like this

Well when the big 4 start making 2 stokes again. I mean big 3 Yamaha makes a 250 2-stroke but why buy a new 9 year old bike. Atleast ktm is giving us options.

25 people like this

all brands have there flaws... but at least ktm warranties there bikes and actually makes updates and fixes the problem instead of denying there are problems.

22 people like this

Just saw an 04 ktm 250exc triple clamp disintegrate after landing a double . My 300+ lb friend on a yz450f jumped same speed and distance the ktm guy did. Ktm guy was prolly 150lbs soaking wet with gear on . They went over the jump at the same time . Dudes bike is trashed triple clamp is shredded

4 people like this

I raced my first enduro in May, out of 166 bikes probably 120 of them were KTM. Ranging from 2013 to the 73? Penton that went flying by me during the race. Must be marketing...

16 people like this

The factory has not addressed the E start issues with the 300 2t ( which is a very good bike )

It's gives work to company's like Slavens Racing to come up with solutions .

4 people like this

be happy that you have a choice not to ride KTM... you can be the guy that goes against the orange tide then. Hooray for variety.

7 people like this

I raced my first enduro in May, out of 166 bikes probably 120 of them were KTM. Ranging from 2013 to the 73? Penton that went flying by me during the race. Must be marketing...

& how many crf450Xs were there?

4 people like this

Wow, talk about being whiney! If you don't like them, don't buy them. Have you ever heard the saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."? If you have had so many issues with a certain bike manufacturer, don't sign up for another one, it is as simple at that. Don't expect an emotional agreement when YOU were the one that bought two bikes with issues, just go back with your previous bike and stop complaining. I haven't had issues with any of my ktms, so I will continue to buy them. 

15 people like this