HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boxsterboy

top speed

16 posts in this topic

I'll be a little more exact this time. I now the WR top speed is WAY FASTER then my YZ400.

I wish I could get my hands on a WR gear box and toss it in my bike wince everything else is set up.

------------------

Khris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

What are you, YELLOW?

My 00 400 managed 95mph and was was bouncing off the rev limiter. I am sure that with altered gearing it would easily do over 100mph.

One of the dirtbike mags clocked a '01 WR426 at 103mph, bouncin' off the rev limiter. I had mine up to 77 on a gravel road...that was *plenty* fast!

I plan on clocking mine with my radar but, I have to find a place where I can set up my car and still clock my friend. I also have to find a place where I can legally clock him. I would have to find out my bikes top speed and then turn around and have to write him a ticket for exceeding the posted speed :)

Of course 696 you are quite right (70mph speed limit), i luckily managed to find a disused runway for my own personal testing purpopses. Ho Ho.

Of course 696 you are quite right (70mph speed limit), i luckily managed to find a disused runway for my own personal testing purposes. Ho Ho.

[This message has been edited by paul, england (edited 04-30-2001).]

My 00 WR 400 goes fast enough to force a large flying bug through my closed lips and into my mouth. It also handles so well that I didn’t crash while spitting bug parts out of my mouth at excessive speeds. I’m sure the 01 WR426 could do the same with even a larger bug. :)

------------------

Alaskan rider, '00 WR400FM, WR timing, air box lid removed,Throttle stop trimmed,Baffle removed, MSR skid plate , Works frame guards.

----------------------

'00 Grizzly YFM600

Ward, why did you spit it out? If you had not, you'd would have not had to stop for lunch! :)

Bryan,

You know it really didn’t taste bad, kind of sweet. My lips went around it my mind would not.

I don’t think I could be a voice in the wilderness and live off honey and locusts.