My installed IMS Tank - '12wr450

I just finished installing a new IMS tank on my '12wr450. For the most part it went ok, but I did have to do a few tweaks. I'd like to say the fit was better then the ims tank I bought for my '11husky.

First off this is the fuel line and securing clip that attaches to the tank side. Once the tank is removed it is pretty simple to get to all the lines. Disconnect the electrical first then remove the saftey clip behind the orange clip. Once the saftey clip is removed the orange clip just slides down.

P1030709.jpg

This is the saftey clip. I used a small screw driver to separate it. This is between the 90deg bend in the fuel and the orange clip.

P1030711.jpg

The new tank.

P1030713.jpg

On the bottom of the tank, I had a problem with one of the fuel pump mounting

nuts. The bolt would only go in so far and since I didn't have a tap to clean

it out, I just used a shorter bolt to mount the pump with for that one location.

P1030714.jpg

Here is a picture of the fuel pump if anyone cares.

P1030719.jpg

The rear braket is what I had to "tweek" some. Basically I had to open up the holes in diameter for all of the holes. The braket needed to rotate a bit looking down on it.

P1030729.jpg

Here is the front braket. All the brakets bolt to the frame first before mounting the tank.

P1030730.jpg

After the tank is on you modify the radiator plastics. They give you a template to cut off part of the upper lips. I used a dremal cutting tool to do mine. I had

2 more issues with the tank. I ended up having to open up the left hand most rearward bolt sleeve in the plastic.The mounting brass tank nut was too far inward for

the bolt to alighn up. Also, the next bolt forward on each side that bolt into the aluminum cross brace ended up being really hard to install. You really have to bend the

plastic alot to get them started. It is easier to leave all the bolts loose at first and get them all started. I have the yamaha radiator braces on and it doesn't seem to interfere with mounting the plastics.

P1030731.jpg

P1030732.jpg

The finished product. The seat ended up fitting cleanly which is always a big plus.

P1030735.jpg

P1030737.jpg

The only other suggestion I can make is check all of the tank nuts prior to installing, just in case

you end up with some bad threads.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry. I have a YZ and didn't realize the pump mounting was different. I posted here as I couldn't find any answers in the YZ room. I have since contacted IMS and they swapped out the tank I had for another. The folks I spoke to at IMS we're very accommodating to my concerns and needs and went out of the way to make sure I got a replacement in time for the weekend. Top notch customer service, they've earned my repeat business and my rave reviews.