HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McAwesome989

07 leaking oil filter cover

4 posts in this topic

hello my bike leaks oil from the oil filter cover. ive replaced the o-rings multiple times and it still hasn't fixed the problem. my cover does not appear to be cracked, chipped, or warped. is this a common problem with these motors? . it does not leak very much. when i check it, it never gets below the mark on the dipstick.   thanks 

i took this picture after about 4hrs of riding

mms_picture.jpg

sure its not oil left on there after changing filters and dust and stuff attracts to it? do you tighten it in a cross pattern evenly?

i do tighten the bolts evenly. and no it is leaking. i have not found a certain area or areas where it is coming from. it really isnt to big of a deal it is more of a nuisance, and it makes the bike look bad.

i do tighten the bolts evenly. and no it is leaking. i have not found a certain area or areas where it is coming from. it really isnt to big of a deal it is more of a nuisance, and it makes the bike look bad.

The little o-rings for the oil passages flatten out over time and should be replaced if they arent already. They come int the oil change kit yamaha offers i think