HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daverw

wr450 clutch much heavier than mates yz250. why?

3 posts in this topic

My wr450 has such a heavy/stiff clutch that after a long day riding I pretty much lose all my grip strength in my left hand. I had the clutch case open today to fix a cracked clutch cover so figured I would pull the whole clutch apart for a clean and measure to see if all in spec etc. Its no wonder it takes so much strength to pull the pressure plate has 6 heavy springs to squeeze against. So how come my mate's yz250 has a clutch you can squeeze easily all day with 1 finger?

A freshly lubed cable does wonders on my bike but you still gota use 2 fingers comfortably. I think my clutch basket is getting bad but il let it be. Thinkn about putting a rekluse in later on

Too many variables to define exactly what it is.

Usually, it is a worn clutch lever and cable (binding, lost leverage) or a worn clutch basket.

Simple carbon build up in the oil can make the clutch stiffer.