NEW YZ 400 FRAME FOR SALE

I HAVE A BRAND NEW 99 YZ400 FRAME STILL IN THE YAMAHA WRAP. I WAS GOING TO POWDERCOAT IT AND USE IT ON MY YZ400. BUT I RAN OUT OF TIME. MSRP ON THE FRAME IS 819.95, IM ASKING 325.00 AND I CAN SHIP IT TO YOU.

Is the 99 frame the same as the 2001 426 or have they made changes?

Originally posted by PaulP:

Is the 99 frame the same as the 2001 426 or have they made changes?

THE YAMAHA PART NUMBERS ARE DIFFERENT, BUT THAT COULD BE BECAUSE OF THE PAINT CODE, MAYBE SOME MEMBERS COULD HELP US OUT ON THIS ONE?

If I remember right, there were some frame changes when the 400 became the 426 (2000). It is really streaching my brain cells, but I thought there was some foot peg mounting diferences and I think the swing arm is different too. Do your homework before you get almost done re-assembling your bike and figure out something does not match up. $325 is a good deal. If I thought it would fit my 2000 I would be interested.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Tim

Hey Paul,

I have a 00/426 and while I was waiting for the beast, I poured over every test I could find. The steering head angle was changed a bit, and if I remember right, Yamaha moved the steering head out about 10mm from the 99 frame. They are certainly different, but could you use it? Probably, but do your homework first. Hope this helps.

GLEN

PARTSGURU I am interested in the frame. Why are you selling it? did you paint your original frame instead? Let me know?

Kirk

hello kirktemp,my original frame is powder coated black. i have the yellow one industries kit on my bike.i was going to powdercoat this new frame and go back to blue, but i ran out of time in the off season. so now i have a new frame that i dont really need. thanx, partsguru