More Electrical Woes

First off thanks to all who have posted before me, your threads have given me a good start however I'm still stumped so here's a synopsis of my problem and process so far.

E start stopped working last ride, had to kick start it for the day, sounded like a dying battery as the starter motor turned slower and slower.

Charged my battery when I arrived home, charged to 12.9 V

Voltage at battery with engine running 14.47V

Removed, disassembled and cleaned starter motor, brushes in spec.

Reassembled starter motor (marks all lined up) and reinstalled on bike.

Removed starter clutch assembly and the starter motor spins freely when I push e start  so I put it all back together.

Still sounds like a dying battery when I try to e start.

Tried boosting with our car battery, still turns over extremely slow and won't start. Kick started 2nd kick

charging voltage while running now is 13.4V but I assume that's due to the battery being drained.

So for those who have more experience with these type of things, where do I turn next?? Going to have my battery load tested tomorrow at a shop.

Cheers

Colin

• 3 months later...

Ok so for me here are the final findings, auto decompressor was malfunctioning due to being gummed up and sticking, overloaded the starter and caused the windings to burn out and destroyed my battery. All fixed and back to good working order!

• Like 1

Ok so for me here are the final findings, auto decompressor was malfunctioning due to being gummed up and sticking, overloaded the starter and caused the windings to burn out and destroyed my battery. All fixed and back to good working order!

I LOVE it when people actually follow up on their threads with the final outcome!!

:cheers: