2012/2013 WR450 differences ? What is coming for 2014 ?

Based on history I wouldn't wait. The 2007-2011 went virtually unchanged (BNGs being the exception).

The 2012/13 is a great bike and you can save a wad if you buy the 2012. I highly doubt there are any significant changes to the 2014.

Where did you get that price? You can PM me if you like. Thanks...Ty

Smokey Point Cycle Barn. They have none left. Check cycletrader to see whats left. I think an Auburn dealer had one for 6199. They wouldnt mach the 5700 before the fees though.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 2012 WR450 from GranPrix Cycles, San Jose, CA for $8100 OTD with GYTR race kit (YZ ecu / throttle wheel), radiator guards, and GYTR/FMF4 muffler installed. ?  It was a deal I couldn't pass up. So... bought the bike, put requisite 1.5hr break in ride at Carnegie cycle park (I'm thinking this fuel injection is VERY touchy) . Then... put the bike in the garage and a few days later left for month of June for 7700 mile road trip to Washington D.C. and back with our two grandsons. Last week of July loaded bikes and grandkids and headed to Hollister Hills SVRA for week of camping and riding. Second day there, on easiest trail in the park, looped the bike and destroyed GYTR/FMF muffler. :lame:   Yep, fuel injection IS very touchy. :jawdrop:  I drove 2 hrs back to the house and retrieved stock muffler and 2 hrs back to the park so could finish the week riding with the kids. I have since had ECU reprogramed to map 7, "riding in slippery conditions" and added FMF Q4 muffler. Waiting to find time to ride with mods. :rant:  :ride:  :banghead:

Edited by Dirty_Dave

It has aluminum tapered bars. But no where does it say Pro Taper on them. They are just solid black.

They are the same protapers as previous bikes except all black and unbranded. That and the white fender was all they had to try and get people to buy a 2013 when almost all models were unchanged for the year.