Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JESSEJJ

your ideas needed

8 posts in this topic

if you can wait until feb.

word has it all the big builders are rolling out new lines of exhaust that save weight, help with power and are are tuneable to a finer degree to meet the ca. reqs.

Anybody have any sugestions on a good exhaust system that is california legal? Thanks.

Depends. For off-road, or for the street? For the street, modifications to the stock exhaust or replacement of it with an aftermarket part are ALL illegal.

If you're talking about the 96dB limit for off-road, lots of them can meet that.

Try the White Bros E - Series pipe. I have a 6 disc setup on my L and I would venture to say that the sound level is well within the legal limits. With this setup I can really feel a difference in the low end. I had an XR's Only pipe on my bike and took it off because it was just too loud, especially on aceleration and at cruising speeds of 65mph. :)

Had an e-series on my XR600. That one tested at 97.8 db's. with 12 disks and freshly packed.

Try the White Bros E - Series pipe. I have a 6 disc setup on my L and I would venture to say that the sound level is well within the legal limits. With this setup I can really feel a difference in the low end. I had an XR's Only pipe on my bike and took it off because it was just too loud, especially on aceleration and at cruising speeds of 65mph. :)

I agree, I just changed mine from 10 to 6 discs today, and it's a heck of a lot quieter. I was also running kinda lean with 10 in there, and dropping to six seems to have helped there too. I'll run it this way for a while.