Quiet pipe for my Wr

Lexx pipe with the quit core.. Wasn't any louder then my stock, plus it gives some more power. I believe it's not any lighter though. On sale for 160.00 at the moment.. Look at the reviews at RMATV, very good. I don't run the quit core, and I'm very happy with this pipe. So much better then stock, plus the price is hard to beat.

• Like 1

Most brands these day offer a quite trail friendly version of their exhausts. for example fmf q4, leovince x3, jardine rt94, dep s7, arrow v2, etc... I would personally recommend the leo vince, dep, and fmf (on the louder side) You could also get the gytr or pmb (pro moto billet) exhaust tips for the stock muffler. Ive personally cut the stock exhaust down right to the mount and kept the stock insert in.

The Yoshimira is top-notch. It's built to last and is light. But pricey.

I put the LEXX on my '08 and it is very quiet. The quietest aftermarket pipe I've ever used.

It's not robust, and the mounting is average, but it provides me with what I wanted: more stealth, flat power band.

Holy crap !! Did Krannie just say something nice about the LEXX ? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Another Lexx convert is born ? !!

I also vote LEXX...... very tunable ( almost silent to stupid loud ) , good looks & quality plus the price is a lower

than the big boys that you can never seem to find the different tuning caps for.

Edited by still2smokin

Holy crap !! Did Krannie just say something nice about the LEXX ? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Another Lexx convert is born ? !!

I also vote LEXX...... very tunable ( almost silent to stupid loud ) , good looks & quality plus the price is a lower

than the big boys that you can never seem to find the different tuning caps for.

Yeah, I'm a dick. I was saying LEXX before when what I meant to say was 'motoworx'.

Flame suit removed, do your worst.

Lexx is Aussie designed and built in China, and is not a POS. But it is obviously and 'economy' pipe.

I had to make stuff for both mount points to get it to sit square, tight, and not damage the can or subframe.

I bought mine for an '03 cause it was only $ 108.00 ? even though the mid pipe mount was in the wrong place, which I modified anyway.

It's &%$#@! king quiet!

Edited by Krannie
  • Like 1

Can you post some pics of your cut down stock pipe? How much weight did it save? Where and how did you make the cut?

I dont think i have any and the pipe is at a friend of mines where we are fitting it to a predator 500 (its almost a perfect fit) i will see if i have any pics on my phone. If so i will post them.

First step is to disassemble the the muffler completely. With your outside muffler body measure as far back as possible to the mount (take note that the end cap has to slip over about 3/4") now cut that length off of the outside casing AND the inside perforated tube, cut the tab holding the first baffle in, use a hammer to flare out the end of the perforated tube, cut down you packing, then reinstall everything (i installed mine with the mount on the bottom for what im using it for)

Can you post some pics of your cut down stock pipe? How much weight did it save? Where and how did you make the cut?

This is all i have on my phone but hes gona send me more later. Since you get rid of all the heavy steel baffles inside you save ALOT of weight. It looks real good on the wr and will pass a 94db test all day.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1375016288.036937.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1375016310.683986.jpg

FMF Q4 Hex, Nice tone it comes with their quite core 93-96 db. Its a different tone and sounds just a tad louder than stock but that could be the tone.

BTW this is the all new Q4, its the HEX and comes with the quite core unlike the older Q4 that you could add a quite core.

Here is a pic on the FMF site of a 2012 with one. http://www.fmfracing...2_YAMAHA_WR450F

Edited by vlxjim