Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TTR230KING

2008 YZ450F blew up

6 posts in this topic

So i was riding down the side of the road, going to my friends house, and i went to go and crack it wide open (into a wheelie) and it just locked up, so i pushed it to my friends, i just suspected i had seized the top end (or something of that nature) and i pulled the head off, the piston was a T.D.C. so i couldnt see the cylinder and so i continued to pull off the cylinder, when i noticed "hey! the piston came out too"... so i snapped the rod, in 2 places, 1: an inch or so from the piston, and 2: going around the crank... cause the other end of the rod is locked up in the bottom, so i went ahead and ordered a hot rods complete bottom end kit and Wiseco pro lite piston kit... i noticed heat marks all around the back of the piston and the rod looks like it bent a little bit before snapping, and now im trying to get the bottom end out, but i cant seem to get the bolt that holds the swing arm off, i took the nut off, put a punch on it and hit it with a mallot a few times, and it didnt budge, so i used a really big hammer next, still wont budge, then (to a crazy extent) i had someone hold the punch and i gave it a couple taps with a sledge hammer, and still wont budge, please help!!!

Try heat.

I had to cut mine in three pieces to get it out. It had seized to the races and wasn't going to move no matter what. I'll grease it more often now lol.

So i was riding down the side of the road, going to my friends house, and i went to go and crack it wide open (into a wheelie) and it just locked up, so i pushed it to my friends, i just suspected i had seized the top end (or something of that nature) and i pulled the head off, the piston was a T.D.C. so i couldnt see the cylinder and so i continued to pull off the cylinder, when i noticed "hey! the piston came out too"... so i snapped the rod, in 2 places, 1: an inch or so from the piston, and 2: going around the crank... cause the other end of the rod is locked up in the bottom, so i went ahead and ordered a hot rods complete bottom end kit and Wiseco pro lite piston kit... i noticed heat marks all around the back of the piston and the rod looks like it bent a little bit before snapping, and now im trying to get the bottom end out, but i cant seem to get the bolt that holds the swing arm off, i took the nut off, put a punch on it and hit it with a mallot a few times, and it didnt budge, so i used a really big hammer next, still wont budge, then (to a crazy extent) i had someone hold the punch and i gave it a couple taps with a sledge hammer, and still wont budge, please help!!!

Lay the bike on the ground on its right side and use an air hammer.

1 person likes this

I battled mine with heat and Aerokroil with a 5# sledge for a good thirty minutes before I remembered my unused air hammer in my tool box. Took it out in 5 seconds with the air hammer on WFO throttle!