2008 WR450F WITH YZ SUSPENSION AND CAMS / PART DEUX

I bought a trials bike 2 years ago, rode it twice and sold it.  A motorcycle with no seat is a bad idea.

This +68. A stupid idea!

Krannie - not sure if this was already asked about, but does the '12-up headlight bolt right on, or did it require some fab?  I may go this route in lieu of spray-painting the stock piece in my white plastic endeavors.

Krannie - not sure if this was already asked about, but does the '12-up headlight bolt right on, or did it require some fab?  I may go this route in lieu of spray-painting the stock piece in my white plastic endeavors.

I bought everything including the brackets. It mounts with minor hole relocations on the bottom of the headshell and that's it.

Good to know, thanks very much.

Well I measured my stock 06 wr header and my PC ti header. They are the same diameter at every spot. Going to use a smaller 1.5 inch end cap instead of the 1.75 that's on it now.

On the 12 headlight you can put it on the older wr aswell.

Posted Image

Hey what is the diameter of the stock 07 and up header? I think they got smaller.

Krannie how do you like your Tall firm Guts foam? I did tall soft and i'm not all that happy with it. I'm 220 almost 6,3 and I sit way down in the foam. So much so that I have to almost stand up to move forward on the seat. I'm just worried that that the firm will kill my ass on the 10-12 hours long rides I do. 

Krannie how do you like your Tall firm Guts foam? I did tall soft and i'm not all that happy with it. I'm 220 almost 6,3 and I sit way down in the foam. So much so that I have to almost stand up to move forward on the seat. I'm just worried that that the firm will kill my ass on the 10-12 hours long rides I do. 

Ha! 

Been there done that.

Soft is useless if you are over 150lbs.

The firm is not a big deal, cause it's so tall.

I use the Guts tall firm and then add 1.5" of medium firm on top of that. The Tall cover still fits it, barely...

Ditto to what Krannie said----

I run a Guts Tall Firm on my 04  - seat has been on it since 05, its not so firm that it will hurt your ass.  The GUTS Tall Firm seat is about perfect.  The added height makes sitting to standing so much easier for taller riders. 

I also run a GUTS Tall Firm on 2 other bikes-  no complaints for trail rides, 10 day dual sport rides and racing etc.

My budding did what you tried - tall soft and he is about 225lb and hated it, foam is too soft.

I also have an SDG/Moose Tall Firm on my 00 and it also been on their for about 13 years, that seat is still hard, not unbearable but is considerably firmer than the GUTs.

Do the GUTS Tall Firm you wont be sorry.

Thanks guys.