HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doctorleevil

Pumper Carb on 650L

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with a flat-slide pumper carb on a 650l? Does it add more low end or high end power? Also does anyone know

the specific carb, i've heard that the carbs for the 650l doesn't come with pumps.

Does anyone have any experience with a flat-slide pumper carb on a 650l? Does it add more low end or high end power? Also does anyone know

the specific carb, i've heard that the carbs for the 650l doesn't come with pumps.

I have a Keihin FCR41 on my L. It does have a pump. As far as I know the Edelbrocks they sell for the L do not have the pump but places like Barnum's can retrofit it... but it costs something like $175 for the retrofit, so that puts the QS carb right up there in price with the FCR.

I'm really pleased with the FCR. It added performance all the way from idle to top end, and the throttle response is really fast. So fast you have to ride with kind of a loose wrist or every bump you hit goes right through the twistgrip to the carb, and it reacts.

Yeah i just called xrsonly and they told me that the mikuni has no pump. Without it there is not much of a performance gain, and stated its more for throttle response.....grr

They stated they sell the 41mm FCR for $540!! It was an easy sell for me at $230 for the mikuni, but not without the pump. oh wells time for ebay. :)

Yeah i just called xrsonly and they told me that the mikuni has no pump. Without it there is not much of a performance gain, and stated its more for throttle response.....grr

They stated they sell the 41mm FCR for $540!! It was an easy sell for me at $230 for the mikuni, but not without the pump. oh wells time for ebay. :)

I got mine from Pro Flo for $445 including push-pull throttle cables.