HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcpga

Broke main jet off in main nozzle, help!

6 posts in this topic

I was attempting to change the main jet in my 03 wr450 thru the hole in bottom of the carb, but I accidentally over tightened it and broke it off in the main nozzle. Can I unscrew and replace the main nozzle without removing the carb? If so, does anyone know what size socket to use?

I was attempting to change the main jet in my 03 wr450 thru the hole in bottom of the carb, but I accidentally over tightened it and broke it off in the main nozzle. Can I unscrew and replace the main nozzle without removing the carb? If so, does anyone know what size socket to use?

Pick yourself up some gra-bits (stripped screw extractor) and give it a try.

The main jet should be 8mm.

Use an extractor as mentioned above or just buy the main nozzle for around $20.00.

Yes I'm going to buy a new nozzle along with a new main jet, thank you...

Edited by mcpga

Thanks Barra8, 8mm socket took the main nozzle right out and a small Phillips head screw driver easily removed the broken piece of main jet, re-installed everything. The whole process took 5 minutes, so glad I didn't have to remove the carb. Thanks again!

Thanks Barra8, 8mm socket took the main nozzle right out and a small Phillips head screw driver easily removed the broken piece of main jet, re-installed everything. The whole process took 5 minutes, so glad I didn't have to remove the carb. Thanks again!

No drama's :thumbsup:

Enjoy!