Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joeturabian

Wrf450 full top end rebuild won't start, do I need I change jets ?

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, have an 06 wrf450 that I have just replaced piston, had cylinder rebored, all new gaskets and had valves reshimed. I have done the timing perfectly to spec but it won't start just backfires. I have also flipped the crank 180 degrees and tried that but no difference, also hooked up my battery to my car for extra juice as it was a bit flat. But still nothing not even the slightest bit of life. Has plenty of spark, could this be a jetting issue now ? Everything else is the way it's supposed to be I don't know what it could be

The vaccum lines on the rocker cover ? Could that cause it not to start ?

Also I live in australia I don't think the bikes have ais

Triple check cam timing.

Then check it again.

Then get old mate next door to check it....

Did you replace timing chain?

Did you have good continous spark? Tried roll start?

With good spark and fuel it will run, albeit shithouse if incorrect jetting. Which points to cam timing

Edited by aussieklx

Sat for over a year, carby was pulled apart and it all looks good

No chance. OK, a chance, maybe, but I doubt the carb's good after all that time. Dump the old gas, too, if you haven't already. The pilot jet is exceptionally small, and the slightest coating of varnish in the jet orifice or the passageway leading to the air stream can significantly change the effective size of the orifice. A number 45 pilot is .45mm through the metering passage. That's just over .017". A film of varnish no more than .002" thick effectively turns a #45 into a #35. That changes things...a lot.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/681801-bike-wont-start-dont-know-what-to-do/#entry6879695

1 person likes this