xr600 fcr mx?

1996xr600r

How does this carb fit on the 600?

Do you need a kit, like the one made by sudco to make it fit?

Does that come with cables / intake bell?

I can't find the kit or a price on it anywhere, and is it general knowledge that the standard fcr is not as good as the fcr mx?

I've also heard this carb is too tall to fit in the bike, how have you guys got around that? I also have a 5.0 gallon clarke.

Can you buy the carb + cables straight off a crf450 and stick it on your bike?

Lookin for that instant throttle response... figured i'd go with the carb that any respectable bike has these days minus fuel injected.

any way to tell if this is a 250r carb? Cuz I want 40mm, but the 250x is 37. Does the 250x have hot start?

This keihin carb is used. Came off a 07 crf 250 dirt bike. Comes complete with throttle cables and hotstart cable.

Good working condition. Comes with everything seen in picture

This keihin carb is used. Came off a 07 crf 250 dirt bike. Comes complete with throttle cables and hotstart cable.

Good working condition. Comes with everything seen in picture

yeah it doesn't say r or x though..

Yes the 250X bikes ALL have 37mm. The 250R had 37mm the first year or 2 and then went to 40mm. So you need to know if it is off an R and what year. alternatively there is a stamp on the side of the carb that you can cross reference with the Honda Fiche ( or google) that will tell you what year model the carb was for, he should be able to read that number for you. On the third picture you can see where the number is, it is directly under the FCR stamp on the flat plate. But the flash obscured the number except for the last digit which I think is 5.

I got mine from a 08 250R and the number on the carb is O1E A VH28. I believe this is the same for all 2006+ carbs from the 250R with the updated AP linkage.

If the carb is a 2006+ with that number it has an updated accelerator pump linkage, otherwise there is a small mod you need to do. The 2005 250R carb was 40 mm but has a different part number.

Read the threads mentioned. You will need a XR650L intake port as well as the NOSS air box adapter.

Read the above link. The FCR carb gives awesome performance, but on the XR600 it's not the easy plug and play mod that it is on the XR650L. The FCR MX really doesn't fit the 600 very well, and there's no established way to modify the fuel tank for clearance. So you're on your own sorting that.

Also, the cost is higher than it might seem. You'll need to buy an XR650L insulator and air box, an FCR throttle and cables, figure out the choke, buy the Noss adaptor and then machine it because it doesn't fit very well, etc. Most of those parts would need to be posted from the USA. It adds up, and pretty soon the Sudco complete carb package isn't all that much more expensive. Plus it's totally bolt on without the tank mods.