HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hokie

Oversize Clarke tank rubbing shock....

4 posts in this topic

I have the oversize Clarke tank on my '01 426 and it is rubbing the HSC adjuster (I think it is called the HSC adjuster, it is the big outside knob on the shock) on the shock. There is a nice little dent in the tank already from that.

Anybody else have this problem?

If so what did you do to fix it?

The last thing I need is gas spilling out onto the exhaust during a race......

Yes, this happened to me on my WR250. I mounted up a friends new tank (he isn't using it while he waits for the his new bike) to run in a GP race. Another rider pointed out the problem.

To solve it, we simply placed a piece of rubber cut from a truck mud flap under the tank between the stock rubber frame bushing located closest to the air box.

ben

Hokie,

I also had this problem with an oversize Acerbis tank that I recently installed. I placed a 1/4" thick piece of high density neoprene betwen the tank and the shock reservoir as a cushion. I found that the pressure was not enough to hold it there so I zip-tied the rubber piece to the shock reservior. Solved my problem! Good luck!

Brian

Thanks for the tips!

Now I won't have to worry about my leg catching on fire.