Fork oil

Did you drain all of the oil from your forks (pump the rod, turn over, pump the rod, turn over, etc.. many times until empty)? If so then it should take more than 1/2 quart for both forks (or did you mean 1/2 quart/each which sounds like it's in the neighborhood depending on final oil level). Re-read the manual carefully. It says that after filling you should pump the rod then refil to the top and wait 10 minutes for all air to escape. I found that if you keep doing the pump-rod and refil routine you can get all of the air out in only a few minutes, but I left it for 10 minutes just to be safe. I used a little more than one quart total if I don't count what I removed to set the level (set mine at the stock 130mm level). The manual also states to back the top adjuster all the way out before tightening the fork caps. I highly recommend having the Yamaha manual open next to you while you do the change if it's your first time, the directions are very good. ?

Sirthump covered all the key advice you need to follow.

The reason you turn out the rebound clickers is to assure that the top inside of the cap meets with the top of the compression rod. If not, adjustments between the two forks would not yield the same performance.

DaveJ