Uncorking: Baffle and/or Tailpipe

Until I can perform the full WR uncork process, I am pulling out the airbox restrictor and exhaust baffle for a little more ooomph. Before drilling out the baffle, I started wondering why the tailpipe is even necessary. I replaced the spark arrestor and endcap, leaving the tailpipe w/baffle sitting on my bench.

Boy, it sure sounds nice. Is there anything wrong with leaving it like this?

I did that on my 2012 WR. I was talking to the dude that runs the shop where I bought it, and said to put it back in because all it does is make noise. I didn't really ask why, but I did put it back in.

Until I can perform the full WR uncork process, I am pulling out the airbox restrictor and exhaust baffle for a little more ooomph. Before drilling out the baffle, I started wondering why the tailpipe is even necessary. I replaced the spark arrestor and endcap, leaving the tailpipe w/baffle sitting on my bench.

Boy, it sure sounds nice. Is there anything wrong with leaving it like this?

since I had an aftermarket slip on I decided to shorty stock. drilled all rivets, cut out both internal baffles, chopped outer shell back as far to the mount as i could, cut same amount off internal core, redrilled holes, some rivets, and bam! looks just like the 08-09 yz pipe. NOTE: i kept in the little pea shooter and its respectably quite.

On the leaving the baffle (pea shooter) out I wouldnt cause at this point the bike will be to rich. you can leave spark arrestor out tho.

I was thinking about this again today and decided to run down to my local shop and pick up the GYTR Muffler insert instead of going with a slip on. Its ~5mm larger than the stock insert with the pea shooter removed. Sounds a whole lot better and the bike seems a bit more peppy, without being too loud. $50 well spent.

downsized_0705131903.jpg