HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D-rek07

Front disc brake guard

7 posts in this topic

I am looking for a front disc brake guard for my 2006 WR450F. The carbon fiber ones are too expensive and the acerbis is a two piece deal and a little too much. I have a very tight budget. Does anybody know of one that is a one piece plastic piece?

I've been looking around more and found a Maier one from their website. I have read a lot of reviews that say Maier stuff doesn't fit right. Do you guys know anything about this one?

You get what you pay for mate.....

Do you want a full shield or just a rock deflector like rear disk fins

You get what you pay for mate.....

Do you want a full shield or just a rock deflector like rear disk fins

A full shield.

My Acerbis front disc guard has served me well through three WR450F's and 10 years of hard Baja California riding. Quality plus a fair price = Acerbis.

Do you have the new two piece one with the metal mount?

D-rek07,

Yes, I have the shield with the metal insert. The plastic portion, that actually protects the disc, bolts to the metal insert.

As an aside, I have stayed with the stock Yamaha rear brake disc guard for the same period, 10 years. Lots of nasty, rocky terrain in Mexico. In all that time, I have had to purchase one new guard from Yamaha. That part cost less than $10. It is a waste of money to pay huge $ for after market rear brake disc guards.

check out the devol aluminum ones. I got mines used off ebay for under $20. its been on multiple bikes of mine and takes a lot of abuse